GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just want to watch the World Cup 2014!

Esteemed Commentator

I just want to watch the World Cup 2014!

I've been a customer of Starhub from Day 1 and up till recently, a Hubber member for all 3 services, even gettng a ShareSurf Plus for a family member.

Recently although I had to stop my Cable TV subscription, Starhub allowed me  to keep the Hubstation set-top box for free-to-air channels for 24 months (now remaining 16 months).

Now just for wanting to watch the World Cup, and because of the cross-sharing with SingTel (NOT my choice!), StarHub, U R One BIG Disappointment!

Initally, I was told only need to give SingTel the set-top box ID number. (During Early Bird stage).  Obstacle 1: You need a HD Box - Hubstation cannot - StarHub solution: Sign 2-year Cable TV contract and upgrade to HD Set-Top Box ($14-16/mth!).

SingTel solution: $90+ for just World Cup (they also spring a surprise - installation charges of another $90!) Total: almost $200! Still, cheaper than StarHub - but I don't want another set-top box!

I decided to defer the decision to bring in Mio, although it will cost more after the Early Bird offer.  Before this week's PC Show, I called you guys again, hoping that you can give me a better solution.

Nice surprise:  My "free" set-top box is part of a Lite plan, and so I can actually upgrade to the HD box - so I would only need to pay SingTel, now the $120 (cross-sharing charges).  Obstacle 2: No... my "free" Hubstation box (if by subscription, costs $6.42/mth i.e. for 16 months = $102.72).  I must forgo this entitlement in the upgrade and start paying $7.49/mth for ....? when I am NO longer on Cable TV!) So if I were to do this for just 1 month (for WC 2014!), can I go back to my Hubstation box? NO!  How do I watch my free to air channels thereafter?  StarHub: sounds like a personal problem...

I am supposed to give up the $102.72 entitlement + pay U $7.49/mth + pay SingTel $120 and after the WC 2014 - left with no access to even free-to-air channels??  This evening, I still tried to call you, left my number, and up till now, no return call.

My Qs to StarHub: Why do I even bother to consider my "loyalty", hoping to get a better solution from U?

R u guys telling me to just go get the mio box package?  Please check with your marketing guys, what do they think of their chances of my staying with StarHub when Mio gets into my living room? Our time is running out...Kick-off in 7 days...but you've got only 2 days because Mio needs 5 days for installation! jenn    

6 REPLIES 6
Hub Master

Re: I just want to watch the World Cup 2014!

I have sent you a Private Message.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Commentator

Thank you StarHub!

You guys have listened and later I will be enjoying the opening match!

Keep up the good work!  

Hub Master

Enjoy the 64 matches!

Home is where the ♥ is
Hub Master

So far, how do you find the matches?
Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Commentator

It's been goals galore - poor Switzerland - it could have been 7 down!

I think I look like a PANDA now....

But still, ole ole ole...

Hub Master

Which match did you enjoyed the most? The group stage is ending soon. Time for a break.
Home is where the ♥ is