Alumni (Retired)

Re: Help!

"Open Sesame" for sure won't work.

Should be "Open the file for me"
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Supernovaa,

Was this meant to be a document or an excel file?

You could reconfirm the file extension. If it is a document, it should be a (.doc) or (.docx) and not (.do).

Or if it is an excel file, the file extension should be displayed as (.xls) or (.xlsx)

Edit: Simply rename the file as "index.doc" or "index.xls" (if applicable) 

I hope this helps!

Some of my posts on this community site are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Veteran

@NickF As I've mentioned, it's a link from an email, and it automatically opens up in Microsoft Word. I can't reconfirm/rename or do anything with the link/file.

Alumni (Retired)

@Supernovaa I hear you. Smiley Happy

Does the link allow you to download the file? Or do a 'right-click > save as'?

I did some googling and I found the following:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_7/how-to-open-files-with-do-extension/097a0b...

Apparently, the common solution recommended in the link above was to rename the file from (.do) to (.pdf).

Or, you could try opening the downloaded file with Adobe reader or a pdf reader of your choice.

Try and see if it helps? Smiley Happy

Some of my posts on this community site are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Veteran

@NickFOk, I'm not too tech savy, how do I rename the file? As per attached image, this is all I see when I right click.

Error.png

Alumni (Retired)

@Supernovaa Will drop you a PM. Smiley Happy