cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee Advocates

SOLVED
Esteemed Advisor

Employee Advocates

Will you be an advocate for your company as an employee and share company messages on your own social media? 

Connect with me on @bluefirefly2359
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Home Networking Expert
Solution

Re: Employee Advocates

I will if I believe in the message that the company wants me to put across.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Home Networking Expert
Solution

I will if I believe in the message that the company wants me to put across.

View solution in original post

Esteemed Advisor
Alumni (Retired)

I believe it must be a honor to be working at StarHub
Veteran

I agree with @rsn. Not many people feels proud or wants others to know the company that they are working in. It is hard for people to want to be associated with their company. To post on social media? Nah. Unless there're advantages.
Alumni (Retired)

I feel it is important for the employee to feel good and be proud of the company and brand.

It will make them work better too.

Veteran

The question is how?
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Maybe we should ask @Darren

Valued Advocate

It has to start from the ground up. If the company you work for has a positive culture that employees appreciate, they will naturally advocate on behalf of their employer. 

If the workplace is toxic or if the employee is unhappy, that advocacy likely won't happen. 

Companies are getting smarter about placing more value and emphasis in culture which is something that has to start with leadership. End goal is happy employees which usually means positive bottom line and leads to organic advocacy. 

Trying to build a program or to dicate how an employee should advocate for their employer doesn't seem transparent to me and may defeat the purpose. 

Just my 2 cents!

Esteemed Advisor

@razerpro a few years ago, i kept my private social media life and working life completely separate and I never posted anything about work on my own timeline.  One day, someone enlightened me that if i am truly proud of what i do for a living, i should have no qualms to cross over to my personal social space and talk about it.  It is not about being modest or humble.  It is about ownership.  It's about being accountable for the products i create at work That radically changed my perspective.  It became clear that if my work is worth doing, i should be proud to associate with it and post on my own timeline. 

No company is all good or all bad.  One of the ingredients of happiness is gratefulness.  I begin to appreciate the company that i work for and to look on the positive side of thngs.  For one, StarHub advocates many values that i believe in - transparency, innovation, excellence, patriotism, helping one another, reducing carbon footprint, health and wellness.   I am also proud to belong to a company which won many awards last year.   

With the change of mindshet, advocating for my company becomes a natural thing to do.   

This is counter culture.  It's natural here to share on social what you are not happy about, especially anonymously.  Singaporeans are well known to be underhappy and not share when they are happy.  Things are changing as we saw many Singaporeans pour out their grateful reflections this year with the passing of our founding father.   I believe positive sharing can be encouraged for the silent happy majority to step out to share.  

Connect with me on @bluefirefly2359