StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoamEasy

Administrator

1. What does RoamEasy Plan offer?

RoamEasy Plan offers StarHub Mobile postpaid customers with affordable and worry-free data roaming rates, without the hassle of selecting specific roaming operators when overseas.

Customers who opt-in for the plan will enjoy affordable data roam rate at $10 (U.P $18) for every 50MB data block in any of the 20 designated countries – Australia, Brunei, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, U.K and USA.

There will be a 20% surcharge for Pay-As-You-Roam subscribers, who will have to pay $12 (U.P $21.60) for every 50MB data block.

Prevailing data roam rates apply for roaming operators and countries not covered under RoamEasy Plan.

2. How do I opt-in for RoamEasy Plan?
StarHub Mobile postpaid customers wishing to enjoy RoamEasy Plan will need to opt-in once via the following channels:

• SMS <sign on> to 6818 (SMS charge applies)

• My Account Manager with Hub ID login

• Call our customer service hotline at 1633

3. When can I start enjoying RoamEasy Plan?
You will start to enjoy RoamEasy Plan when you receive the following confirmation SMS from StarHub after you have opted-in. The confirmation SMS message is: "Thank you for signing up to RoamEasy Plan. $10 for every 50MB data block will be charged when you use data roam in supported countries. 20% surcharge for Pay-As-You-Roam customers applies. To unsubscribe, please SMS <sign off> to 6818. Details @starhub.com/countrydataroam."

Note:  Data roam usages incurred before the confirmation SMS is received will be charged at prevailing data roam rates.

4. What is the validity period for RoamEasy Plan promotional prices?
The promotional price of $10 for every 50MB data block is applicable from 29 May 2013 (00:00 hours Singapore Time) to 30 September 2013 (23:59 hours Singapore Time) for the 20 designated countries. Customers will be charged $18 for every 50MB data block on 1 October 2013 (00:00hours Singapore Time) in the 20 designated countries.

20% surcharge applies for Pay-As-You Roam subscribers.

5. Who can enjoy RoamEasy Plan?
StarHub Mobile postpaid customers with SmartSurf, MaxMobile or BlackBerry mobile plan and subscribing to either International Roaming or Pay-As-You-Roam service are eligible to enjoy RoamEasy Plan.

Customers who subscribe to DataRoam Monthly Plans (DataRoam 10MB, DataRoam 20MB, DataRoam 40MB, DataRoam 100MB) and BlackBerry Unlimited DataRoam VAS are not eligible for RoamEasy Plan.

6. How much savings can I enjoy with RoamEasy Plan?
At standard data roam rate at $20/MB for most roaming operators, 50MB of data usage will normally add up to $1,000. RoamEasy Plan offers up to 99% savings at $10 for every 50MB data block in the 20 designated countries.

7. How much will I be charged for 75MB data in Malaysia?
75MB will be considered as 2 blocks of 50MB data block, so customer will be charged a total of $20. 20% surcharge for Pay-As-You-Roam subscribers applies.

8. I have used only 40MB of data on a day. Can I continue to use the balance 10MB on the next day?
No, any unused data block will expire at 23:59 hours Singapore Time. Any data usage on the next day will be considered a new session at $10 for every 50MB data block. 20% surcharge for Pay-As-You-Roam subscribers applies.

9. Can I pay $10 for 50MB data block and use 20MB in Taiwan and 20MB in Philippines within the same day?
No, each data block is only valid for single country use. Customer using 20MB each in Taiwan and Philippines will be charged $20 ($10 for each block of data usage in each country). 20% surcharge for Pay-As-You-Roam subscribers applies.

10. I am a MultiSIM user. Will my data roam usages on both SIM cards be combined together?
For Multi-SIM customers, roaming data usages will be billed and charged separately for each SIM card. Example: If customer uses both SIM cards for data roam on the same day and incurred 20MB for each SIM card in Malaysia, he will be charged $20 (i.e. $10 for each SIM card). 20% surcharge for Pay-As-You-Roam subscribers applies.

11. I have opt-in for RoamEasy Plan. Will I be charged if I am in Taiwan but did not use any data?
No. There is no charge if you do not use any data in Taiwan. The opt-in indicates you have participated in RoamEasy Plan and you will only incur the charges on such days that you use data (ie the 1st KB used) in Taiwan.

12. How do I opt out of RoamEasy Plan?
You can opt out by the following channels:

• SMS <sign off> to 6818 (SMS charge applies)

• My Account Manager with Hub ID login

• Call our customer service at 1633

Subsequently, you will be charged at the prevailing data roam rates for any roaming data usage.

----
StarHub Online Shop Purchase your mobile device on StarHub Online Store!
StarHub Online Shop Check your bills and contract end dates on My Account Manager by using your Hub ID!
Comments
Darren

I just tried this service in Malaysia.  Now i dont need to wait till i am back in the hotel for the free wifi to get on the internet!  Smiley Tongue

Contributors