on 07-04-2013 03:06 AM
1. What is HD Voice?
HD Voice, or High Definition Voice, is the latest technology which improves speech clarity and reduces background noise, significantly enhancing customers’ mobile call experience.
2. How do I start enjoying HD Voice?
To enjoy the benefits of HD Voice calls at launch, both the calling and receiving parties need to be new subscribers of StarHub’s new SmartSurf plans (eg SmartSurf Lite/Value/Premium/Elite) and use HD Voice capable handsets.
3. Can existing StarHub mobile customers on other mobile plans enjoy the benefits of HD Voice?
Yes, the HD Voice feature will progressively enabled for customers on other mobile price plans in the coming months. Please note that both the calling and receiving parties need to use HD Voice capable handsets.
4. If I am an existing non-SmartSurf mobile customer, how I can expedite the activation of HD Voice for my mobile line??
Due to StarHub’s large mobile customer base, the HD Voice feature will be progressively enabled for customers on other mobile price plans within the next few months.
5. When is HD Voice commercially ready?
StarHub will switch on HD Voice across all mobile base stations on 7 March 2013.
6. Will there be a display on the screen of my handset to indicate that I am making a HD Voice call?
There is no dedicated on-screen symbol to indicate whether you are in a HD Voice call or not. However, you would be able to clearly tell the improvement in voice call quality when HD Voice is active.
7. What are the HD Voice capable mobile handsets?
The list of HD Voice capable mobile handset includes the following:
|Apple||iPhone 5||LG||Optimus L9||Samsung||GALAXY Note II LTE|
|BlackBerry||9810||LG||Optimus G||Sony||Xperia sola|
|LG||Optimus L5||Nokia||Lumia 610||Sony||Xperia V|
|LG||Optimus L7||Nokia||Lumia 900||Sony||Xperia Z|
|LG||Optimus 4XHD||Nokia||Lumia 920|
|LG||Optimus Vu||Samsung||GALAXY S III LTE|
8. Would there be a subscription fee for HD Voice?
No, HD Voice is available at no additional charge.
9. Is mobile data required for HD Voice calls?
No, HD Voice does not utilise any mobile data.
10. Can I use HD Voice on MultiSIM or my SmartSurf SharePlus line?
Yes, HD Voice is available on multi-SIM as well as SmartSurf SharePlus Main and dependent lines.
11. Can I make HD Voice calls while roaming overseas?
No. Currently, customers can enjoy HD Voice when they make local voice calls.
12. When will HD Voice be enabled for IDD voice calls?
No. Currently, customers can enjoy HD Voice for local voice calls.
13. I am a new SmartSurf subscriber and own a HD Voice capable phone. Can I enjoy HD Voice?
For new subscribers of StarHub’s new SmartSurf plans, HD Voice will be enabled after one working day. Kindly note that you would need to restart your mobile phone to enable HD Voice.