Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why hub club member need to pay 200$ for recontract after 12 months

SOLVED
Highlighted
Dev
Valued Contributor

why hub club member need to pay 200$ for recontract after 12 months

Why hub club members have to pay 200$ for 12 month recontract, if their current mobile contract is iphone and don't have to pay anything if not on iphone. Moreover, this wasn't told during getting iphone contract last year. Realized only after the customer service officer said can't re-contract without paying extra when i went for recontracting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hub Master
Solution

Re: why hub club member need to pay 200$ for recontract after 12 months

Hey Dev

Let say you utilise the Hub Club Early Re-contract Fee Waiver on 1 January 2012, the next earliest date that you can utilitse it will be 1 January 2013.

For previous sign-up or re-contract done with purchase of iPhone, the Early Re-contract Fee is $300, therefore it will be $100 after the Hub Club Early Re-contract Fee Waiver of $200.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Hub Master

Hey Dev

Hub Club members are able to enjoy a $200 waiver of the Early Recontract Fee for one of the mobile number every 12 months.

As the Early Recontract Fee of iPhone is $300, a top-up of $100 is required.

Home is where the ♥ is
Dev
Valued Contributor

I have been re-contracting my mobile phone every year for past several years(almost 7 years), Only last year, i bought the iphone through contract, i am surprised that this was not mentioned during taking the iphone contract. Apart from that, when i went to the compass point outlet three weeks back to re-contract again, inspite of my repeated inquiry about re-contracting, all i was told was, if i re-contract with non-iphone, then i have to top-up 200$ and if it is iphone5 contract then it is 300$ on top of the phone price based on the plan. In fact, she checked into the system with my IC number and gave this reply.Can you please clarify, what would be the amount i have to top up if it is iphone 5 recontract and other brand phone recontract  and how to explain this to the counter staff, who has no clue about the re-contracting pricing.

Thanks

Dev

Hub Master

If your current contract is non-iPhone, you can tell the counter staff you want to make use of the hubclub discount to offset the $ 200.00 ERF (early recontract fee).
If your current contract is iPhone, you can tell the same, just that this time round, you need to topup $ 100.00 on top of the value of the phone.
This is provided you have not utilised your hubclub discount before. If you had used it before, I am afraid you would not be able to use it until a year later from the date it was first used.
It does not matter what phone you are recontracting for (whether iPhone 5 or any other phones).
It is simply based on the current contract that you are holding that is taken into account how much you have to pay for the ERF.

As you mentioned that you recontracted for an iPhone last year, so simply put, you have to pay ERF of $ 300.00 and if utilising your hubclub discount, you have to pay $ 100.00, excluding phone price.
Smiley Happy ## Love does not die because of distance. It dies because of doubt. ## Smiley Happy
Any views expressed here are explicitly to the best of my knowledge and sometimes in my personal opinion and not necessarily in the views by Starhub.
Dev
Valued Contributor

Hi Laselle,

You answer is bit confusing. "This is provided you have not utilised your hubclub discount before." - Is that the "before" is before one year or within one year. I have always recontracted after one year with the discount, so was it changed now? I have recontract my iphone 13 months before, so do i need to pay 100 or 300 for new recontract as a hubclub member?

Hub Master
Solution

Hey Dev

Let say you utilise the Hub Club Early Re-contract Fee Waiver on 1 January 2012, the next earliest date that you can utilitse it will be 1 January 2013.

For previous sign-up or re-contract done with purchase of iPhone, the Early Re-contract Fee is $300, therefore it will be $100 after the Hub Club Early Re-contract Fee Waiver of $200.

Home is where the ♥ is

View solution in original post

Dev
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the clarification. I have got the iphone at contract on 2nd Nov 2011, so, i should only top up 100$ for iphone 5 if i recontract. I tried to explain to the customer service person in starhub shop at compass point, but she insisted that it should be 300$. I will go again and if they still insist for 300$ then probably show your response to them.

Hub Master

Hi Dev

Simply inform them that you wish to utilitse your Hub Club Early Re-contract Fee waiver.

So which phone do you intend to re-contract your mobile service for?

Home is where the ♥ is
Dev
Valued Contributor

I planning to go for iphone5 smartsurf premium plan. If i am not wrong, i need to top up only 100$ for this for recontract isn't? since the phone price itself is 0$ for the plan.

Hub Master

Hi Dev

I believe you are going for 16GB?

For SmartSurf Premium, the pricing of the handset are as follows.

16GB - $0

32GB - $83

64GB - $228

Home is where the ♥ is