cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPhone 6 plus but crashed on 1st day

SOLVED
Valued Commentator

Re: New iPhone 6 plus but crashed on 1st day

the phone was not fit for the purpose for which it was sold, i.e. it was an electronic lemon. See https://www.case.org.sg/consumer_guides_cpfta.aspx

surprised that you didn't insist your subscription starts from the day a working phone was put in your hand. equally surprised StarHub doesn't train its sales/customer service staff appropriately.

was in a M1 shop once and a lady brought back a phone which she bought on that same day. it was spoiled and M1 replaced it.

my home broadband & mobile data is M1. StarHub is only for my mobile line. 

Alumni (Retired)

Hi @G Chua  Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience.

Let me escalate your issue to my support team. I've dropped you a PM to clarify more about this.

Some of my posts on this community site are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Valued Commentator

It was not me, NickF, who suffered the unpleasant experience.

My 1st thought was that the poor StarHub customer who experienced the travails could have avoided all the heartache/emotional distress by "barking" (?) at StarHub staff that they should be aware of the lemon laws and promptly replace a defective product instead of shunting the said poor customer from pillar to post + prorate and waive the charges when he/she could not use the phone.

I think there is a difference between selling/buying a defective product and a product's period of warranty. They are two separate and unrelated issues.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this chain of correspondence but I believe the issue has been resolved some time ago by Apple (?).

Alumni (Retired)

Oops, misread your reply.

@G Chua thanks for highlighting that.

Some of my posts on this community site are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

@G Chua 

Thanks for sharing my pain. I do agree as to what you said regarding the lemon law. However to that, i have spent many many many days holding onto the line while waiting for the cust service to pick up my calls. Eventually i gave up because it was too much of a hassle of even trying to speak to a Starhub personnel. I know, i let Starhub off too easily as compared to the misery i had gone through.

As of now, it is "solved" because i can use the phone already (from Apple), and i gave up pressing the matter to Starhub because it has been taking too much of my time. As for the billing matters, they arent showing any mercy.

Hi @NickF, if you could escalate this for me, kindly assist! Sincerely thanks!