Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Connection issues

Senior Commentator

Mobile Data Connection issues

14 REPLIES 14
Senior Commentator

Re: Mobile Data Connection issues

Hi,

I have faced mobile data connection issues since last week.  I have called Starhub customer service last Wednesday and service staff had got back to me on 16 Feb 17.

I was told to go to Mobile networks and click on Access Point Names and click on 'More' to Reset to default and choose SH Data Postpaid.  And to restart the handphone after setting is done.  After these steps done, data connection is fine but still feel abit lagging even with 4G signal.

But today the problem come back again.  I have the data signal but I can't get the connection/receiption at all.  I can't login to You Tube, my online apps (e.g. iReader, Manga, etc) and Facebook is not running updates.  I don't face any issues when my mobile is connect to wifi but once I disconnect wifi connection and connect to my mobile data i will face this issue.

I am using Anroid phone (Samsung Note 5), please help and advise whether this is my mobile data issue or my mobile issue.

Appreciate your prompt reply.  Thanks.

Grand Guru

There are 2 possible issues, either mobile phone or SIM card.

If you have another phone, then insert your problematic SIM card to it.

The   Access Point Names (APN) will be auto install to the phone when SIM card is insert.

Just use it for several days to check on the mobile data can or cannot connect.

If there are no issue during these period, it could mean that your phone is having problem.

If there is another SIM card then insert to your phone to monitor.

If there is no problem, then the possible issue is the SIM card.

Alternately.

Anyway, you can go to certain Starhub shops to do replacement of SIM card.

Just tell the customer-service staff that it has problem, maybe there will not be any charge,.

Do visit only these Starhub shops that have Customer-Service staff;

StarHub Retail Shops with Customer located at
Plaza Singapura level 1 only/Tampines Mall/Nex/VivoCity.

Link to the locations:
Starhub shops location

-----------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Alumni (Retired)

Hello Sally, do give Eric3743 suggested troubleshooting a try.

If the issue is not resolved, PM us your subscriber details so that we can assist you further.

Thank you

Santosh

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Hi eric3743 / Santosh,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

I think I will try to go down to one of the Starhub shop to check on the issues personally.  I am using Samsung Note 5 and I do recall that it is using nano sim card which I can't test on other hp as those mobile phones are of lower version (Note 2 or 3).

Senior Commentator

Hi Sally,

Unfortunately I have been facing this frustrating issue. I have resetted and manually chose the APN, factory resetted my phone, and exchanged a new sim card from startup. None worked. And I am using a note 5 too.

The only temp solution is to put your phone in flight mode the moment the data isn't working. And turn the flight mode off. Stop gap measure. Do keep us updated on your status.
Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Issac Huang, 

We're concerned to hear that you are still experiencing this issue despite the many attempts you made to troubleshoot this.

To confirm if this is indeed a handset issue, have you tried moving your SIM Card to another handset to see if you are able to access data services?

If the issue does not recur on the other handset, you might want to head down to the Samsung Service Centre to see if they can help.

- Amy

- Amy
Senior Commentator

Hi Amy, thanks for your concern.

I have tried the new sim card on my friend's iphone and it's working fine on her phone; when I used her sim card from Singtel on my Note 5 I don't have such a mobile data connection issue.

Moreover I do not experience such a problem overseas with my phone using sim cards from various countries.

I have called Samsung and followed their instructions to troubleshoot and subsequently a factory reset was done; they said the phone shouldn't be the issue since I am able to use it with other telco's sim cards.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Issac Huang, 

Oh dear. This is most unusual. Do PM us your subscriber details so we can look into this for you. 

- Amy

- Amy
Grand Guru

Hi  @Isaac Huang

May i know what type of Starhub SIM card are you using.

There are 2 types of SIM cards that Starhub is giving to customers.

1.  Standard mini SIM card with 3 pre-cut size.

2.  Nano SIM card. There are issue with this type of SIM card.

There are reported issue on this nano SIM card, as there are do have complain.

Maybe i suggest you visit selected Starhub shops to get an replacement, on Standard type with 3 pre-cut size.

Visit these StarHub Retail Shops with Customer-Service staff located at
Plaza Singapura level 1 only/Tampines Mall/Nex/VivoCity.

For your info, i am using the Standard mini SIM card and snap out the nano size, and having no problem since a year+.

--------------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.