StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! please waive my bill shock!

New Commentator

Help! please waive my bill shock!

Help! I was in JB near the seaside at 2+ when my friends said they got comnection from local provider. I did saw starhub icon when i turned on the data plan. But in just less than 5 mins, starhub send me a message stating i exceed my data roaming by $100! I was so shocked & immediately turned off my hp. Could starhub please please waive the data roaming charges? Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: Help! please waive my bill shock!

Hi @belyeo

Could you please share your details with us over at http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery via ask an account related question link, we'll follow up and get in touch with you. Thank you.

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is
Valued Commentator

I have recently extended my contract for fibre broadband for another 2 years thru phone by a starhub officer.

The new contract is 1 Gbps with free for first 3 months and thereafter for $49.90 for each month.

I have just received a bill of $160.46 ($148.00 for broadband) for the period from 16/3 to 15/4/17.

Can assist to cancel this bill, thanks

Honored Contributor

@Sim LH wrote:

I have recently extended my contract for fibre broadband for another 2 years thru phone by a starhub officer.

The new contract is 1 Gbps with free for first 3 months and thereafter for $49.90 for each month.

I have just received a bill of $160.46 ($148.00 for broadband) for the period from 16/3 to 15/4/17.

Can assist to cancel this bill, thanks

You may want to post a new thread for this.

Does the new biill reflect your new plan? If not, i'm assuming that the contract is not fully updated hence you're seeing the full cost instead of the discounted one.

Usually it's due to provisioning is not fully completed on Starhub backend. Have you called starhub billing 1637 to clarify this?

I would say don't worry about the bill for now, when the contract is in place, your next bill will show the prorated amount. Wouldn't hurt for you to pay the amount first but otherwise, you can ignore payment until the next bill arrive.

Valued Commentator

Yesterday, I have called 1633 and the wait was super long.
The counter staff replied me she will call their billing section colleague to call me on my mobile within 1 day.
Up till now there is no call from billing section.
Honored Contributor

@Sim LH wrote:
Yesterday, I have called 1633 and the wait was super long.
The counter staff replied me she will call their billing section colleague to call me on my mobile within 1 day.
Up till now there is no call from billing section.

Don't worry about it. Important is your services are up and running.

• You can pay the amount first and the next bill will reflect the relevant proration which means you have upfront credits in your account
  • Or you can ignore this bill and wait for the next bill which will indicate clearly how much you need to pay.

I would just chose the later, a month late payment is not a big issue but if you're concerned, pay upfront first.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Sim LH, drop me the name, NRIC/FIN, E-mail address and contact number along with your billing concerns. We'll be in touch. - Sofia

Sofia