GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[FAQ] Premium services (Third Party) charges on your StarHub bill

Esteemed Consultant

Re: [FAQ] Premium services (Third Party) charges on your StarHub bill

this problem seems never ending to all sh users be it whether data plan; 3rd party services; can sh starts with the only the bare services only, i.e. only according to the package the customer subscribe and no other services activated. so the cust if example need certain service, they have to call in. i believe in this case, sh will have proof that the cust activated the service with knowledge and also minimize all this issue and the line can at least be free for attending to other issue?
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

I totally agree!

In fact, I even tried to bar the premium service by sending the SMS per SH guide, but I didn't get a response. The system puts the burden on the subscriber, which should be the other way around.

Community Sheriff

Sometimes it takes a couple of attempts to get barprs to work, I have to do it twice. Unfortunately this is a source of revenue in one form or another with all our telcos, have seen the comments regarding Orange and Red on other boards...
Valued Commentator

Hi there Starhub moderators,
Writing to you about the recent bout of "Premium Services" that has been reflected in my Starhub statement. Unfortunately, my son, who's using one of my mobile number, responded and replied half-innocently-half-curiously. Unknowingly, incurring "one-time signup fee of $10" and subsequent messages each incurring $5. And then came some other messages for subscription, which involves signup/per messages received fees. The extent of the damage, I was advised by Starhub customer service, will only be made known upon receiving the next bill.
2 very grave issues we have here:
1. Starhub statement reflected "1 Dwlds" which, according to customer service, refers to 1 download.
Does that mean 1 MSS reply constitutes a download from Starhub billing's perspective? Technically incorrect classification, but not my main point.
2. The more serious point here is, why does Starhub knowingly, I believe Starhub is fully aware of what's going on, agree to take on billing for such unethical 3rd party "premium" services? It just goes to show how much customers are being valued, a serious letdown of basic corporate moral values.
For the people in position to take action, do something! Be a socially responsible company!
Customers will appreciate and thank you for that!
Regards
Eddie

New Commentator

Great so i guess alot of plp bean cheated buy tis third party services..same goes to me..i haven a starhub loyal customer for so many years n last year jun i upgrated my contract since that my bill being unusal everymth.my bill increse n i dono y is that ..first i tot it was my mistakes bcz im useing internet on data plan..maybe bcz of that my bill increse...but i stop use internet on data but my bill remain same then i noticed tis premiem services that bean charging me 100 over dlr since nine mth n i dono wat the hell service is that..n im paying for nothing...i called starhub..they say they cant block tis tirth party bcz i have 2 ac 1 is my bro n 1 is me..my bro got overdue payment..of 300..so tis starhub tel me i need to clear all the outstanding bill then oni they can block tis 3party...wtf...so its very cleary know that starhub helping tis 3party to get some comision is it...plss la don cheat plp like tis...everybdy here in spore not takeing easy money..they wok day n nite..n tis kind of evil plp..cant simply poke plp money with helping of a big company like starhub....
Valued Contributor

I has a suggestion.

Could Starhub print on the invoice on the 2nd sheet, (as the first sheet is the T & C)
and list all (or most problematic) the so-called Premium & 3rd Party Services and also to
include how to unsubscribe each Service, with sms UNSUB to the contact number and the HOTline.

This will also give others Customers who are unaware of these such Services, and keep paying.

This will at least to show that Starhub do care and have done their part so as the Customers will know.

Regards

Eirc.

Valued Commentator

Hi there, based on the comments posted as well as the response from the customer service officers, it is very apparent that customers are left very much to fend for themselves. And it also appears that there is not any little bit of inclination to move away from any questionable business dealings. Operators have got their hands all tainted with murky third party providers, and shady business ethics, knowing very well that the business that these "service providers" are causing their customers to bleed, while parasitically gorging on the spoils of the poor prey.
Is that an apt description of the situation we are in?
New Commentator

Plz ,assist , me and my wife starhub bill were charged by sam media pte . How come like that.They never noticed us as well. We are foreingers worker. Everymonth we have paid for our plan charges.But last feburary month ,we have found extra charges .in our bills.
Valued Commentator

I greatly appreciate StarHub for solving properly regarding about Premium services charged my StarHub Bill.

New Commentator

I have just expereince of over charging on my starhub mobile bills due to the charges coming from the Premium Services from ALTC Pte Ltd. On June 2015 I was charged $40 for the premium services and this month I got a shocking of $150 charge for the Premium Services. As I do not know what is this Premium services is all about, I went down to the Starhub customer service centre located at Tampines Mall. I asked the customer service officer what is this premium services is all about and the officer asked me to call the ALTC Pte Ltd / Allterco Pte Ltd at 66319339 to ask about what is it about and the starhub customer officer told me what he can do is block off the access to the premium services in the future and ask me to call ALTC to enquire about the charges. When I called ALTC, the customer service personal from ALTC say that this Fun2cell is an advertisment or link on ring tones, games and other programs and they say the premium services is activated thru a phone SMS. After talking to the customer service personal from ALTC told me that there is a disclaimer on only 18 years old and above can only use this service and I was shocked to hear that because ALTC never enquire on the user who use the service what age are the user and they say its not their job to check and thus all primary school and secondary school students are all victim of this unknowing services which charged $5 for each request. After reading all the earlier post i feel that Starhub should stop all the premium services unless is been approved by the mobile user cause the user cannot track the usage of such premium services and are they overcharged? I hope Starhub will refund me on the charges i received for the premium charges as i feel that i have been cheated on this issue. So many years as a customer with Starhub i never encounter such problem until last 2 months this issue arise. It is very disturbing for me whcih i feel i am unfairly treated for this issue.