GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[FAQ] Premium services (Third Party) charges on your StarHub bill

Hub Master

Re: [FAQ] Premium services (Third Party) charges on your StarHub bill

Don't worry. The team will be following up with you soon.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
New Commentator

I was billed with $48 dollar from maguemo video service. Like any of you here, I am a victim of such scam of something we DID NOT subscript to. I took off from my busy schedule and even cancel my oversea conference just to resolve this issue at starhub.
Likewise, I was instructed to call third party subscriber with a number that never works. Therefore, they told me that they couldn't do either.

I find that this service is totally absurd. Please starhub, advise.
Hub Master

@Quin

Can you drop us your details via http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery to allow the Customer Service Team to assist you further? Thanks.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Senior Commentator

Hi Starhub

On the recent Starhub mobile bill (October 2014) I got charged for the following services which I never subscribe:

PS_Starhub.png

This is clearly a scam attempt to my starhub number and this should be clasified as criminal offence. Would you please advice on how to proceed with this case ? Shall I make a police report or is it enough to escalate it via your helpdesk ?

Best Regards

Fadhil

Highlighted
LyT
BFF

Hi @fmachdy 

Here's what you need to do

1) Call 6631 9339 and 6631 9198

2) Demand to know how these charges were incurred

3) Demand that they stop charging you

4) Dispute the charge with them

5) If they agree to waive, they will issue a credit to StarHub

6) Protect yourself by activating PRS Barring on all your StarHub mobile lines (Guide here)

New Commentator

Hi, I nearly choked when I saw the bills. As usual, I will pay for home broadband and cable tv with AXS without taking a look at the monthly bill. This month, I took a look and to my horror, the mobile broadband (Which I did not use at all) was billed for premium services as such:

Account No: 85624386

Sept ($90.05 w/o GST)

Oct ($140.00 w/o GST

Total = $230.05 w/o GST

I realised I was not the only one. Someone please help, it is so emotionally draining. 

Regards, Jin Wai

Valued Commentator

I have bill for Megumo Video Services $12 this month bill as I never use this service. I also found online by Google Megumo Video Services and to my surprise how come only Starhub customer affected by this service and not the othe 2 Telcom. What have Starhub do on the pass one year to stop this PRS provider???

We take a very serious view of customer feedback on PRS, and will certainly take the appropriate action if we find that any PRS provider has billed our customers without their consent or offer objectionable content. Recently, we have suspended billing services of some PRS providers even though they did not breach the Code of Practice for the provision of PRS. We will continue to monitor and proactively take similar actions as and when necessary.

Valued Commentator

HI See my reply

Please submit your enquiry via http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery so that we can assist you further regarding this issue. Meanwhile, you may wish to contact Megumo Video Service to clarify on this billing issue and inform them to unsubscribe this service.

My reply : Already call same answer waiting for your customer service to explain why only Starhub is affected by this Megumo Video Service and not the other 2 Telcom,.

Starhub customer affected by this service and not the othe 2 Telcom. What have Starhub do on the pass one year to stop this PRS provider

My reply : Can Starhub just answer directly to this question . Why Megumo Video Service is not affected other 2 telcom and after a year of complain

Community Sheriff

Not taking sides but Red and Orange also have got their share of 'Premium' services scams, saw them on other boards, so, only way unfortunately you can prevent this is to help yourself by barring premium service and maybe even putting yourself in the DNC list
htp://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/mobile-communication-technology-9/i-did-not-subscribe-but-i-have-been-charged-%246-week-1776588-10.html
Senior Commentator

StarHub should altogether discontinue serving as bill collector for these so-called third party providers. I recently was billed over S$300 for alleged premium services on my child's phone. This was a huge surprise and shock to me considering that my child has had the phone for almost one year now and this has never happened before. Unlike purchases on app stores, which is paid through my credit card, it seems I have no control against my StarHub account being charged huge amounts because of these so-called premium services. Some control should be in place, like the need for a password, before such charges are allowed; otherwise don't continue with this arrangement.