cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular network prevents WhatsApp calls

Highlighted
New Commentator

Cellular network prevents WhatsApp calls

I just switch from Singtel to Starhub and can't use data to WhatsApp call or telegram call, I always get the " cellular network prevents WhatsApp call" whenever I made an attempt to call with data but texting via WhatsApp and telegram with data has no issues. WhatsApp voice calls, video calls and telegram calls works perfectly fine when connected to WiFi network. 

Please advise me on a possible solution.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Relationship Manager

Re: Cellular network prevents WhatsApp calls

@EstelleCjx hi Estelle, this will require a check on your number settings back end. Could you send my colleagues who manages Facebook and Twitter a private message with your account details to do a check? Thanks! 

-Jolene 

Highlighted
New Commentator

My husband and I have the same problem.   We cannot send or receive WhatsApp calls using data.  Can you help us?

Highlighted

Hi @Caminobound, do you have the latest version of Whatsapp? Did you also try to restart your phone? But the issue still persists, I highly suggest that you reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter for further assistance. 

~ Carla
Highlighted
Valued Advocate

Would you like to share with us what model of phone you are using?
Highlighted
Valued Advocate

Would you like to share with us what model of phone you are using? If it's apple or android