GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged S$490 for Malaysia Maxis mobile data charges while in Indonesia?? And only 20mb!

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Charged S$490 for Malaysia Maxis mobile data charges while in Indonesia?? And only 20mb!

Hi - has anyone run into an issue when data roaming where the Starhub charges for a carrier that is not even from the same country?  Clearly some serious issues with their billing system...

Presume this will be reversed by starhub, but still very troubling. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Charged S$490 for Malaysia Maxis mobile data charges while in Indonesia?? And only 20mb!

Hi @RJH,

Have you contacted our customer support to highlight to them the above issue?

If no, please PM me your details and we will get the support team to check and assist you.

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

Thanks 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Re: Charged S$490 for Malaysia Maxis mobile data charges while in Indonesia?? And only 20mb!

Hi - yes I have, but they have said it will take a week to review, which seems too long. I am absolutely gobsmacked the starhub can try to charge $490 for 20mb of data in this day and age.
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi @RJH,

Noted. The process to check does take some time hence do bear with us. 

Also roaming charges are usually expensive and it is dependent on charges imposed by a roaming partners. 

The current roaming data charges for Malaysia is $21 per MB, when customer do not activate to available data roaming plans.

More info is available here!

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Highlighted
Grand Guru

Hi  @RJH

Do note that Starhub have to check with the relevant Telcos that submit the bill to Starhub.

This takes time to sort it out with the respective Telcos concern.

Most roaming on whether using voice/sms and data do have delay as other Telcos delay.

----------------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.