cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G extra charges starting June?

SOLVED
Honored Advisor

4G extra charges starting June?

I read StarHub, will start charging its 4G users $2.14 a month for the service from 1 June this year.

This price, it says, is a promotional one that will last indefinitely, meaning that there will likely come a point when users will have to pay the full monthly charge: $10.70 a month.

Infor is below.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/starhub-4g-users-to-be-charged-from-june-as-promo-ends-084526543.html

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Consultant
Solution

Re: 4G extra charges starting June?

well, this amount is ok, like taking 2 cups of coffee or tea in a month. anyway if you feel that it is too high, just disable your 4g in your phone ......frankly, i am still on 3 g as i don't really need 4 g yet....so far there is not much to look foward for 4 g  as not all parts of singapore is able to receive 4 g. 

5 REPLIES 5
Esteemed Consultant
Solution

well, this amount is ok, like taking 2 cups of coffee or tea in a month. anyway if you feel that it is too high, just disable your 4g in your phone ......frankly, i am still on 3 g as i don't really need 4 g yet....so far there is not much to look foward for 4 g  as not all parts of singapore is able to receive 4 g. 

Honored Advisor

yea problem issome of us have more than 1 mobile line + mobile data. If the price suddenly rise by $10.70 per plan, it will be very expensive.

Please note I am asking for both mobile line and mobile data. All mobile line is running on 4G and they are killing off the 3G.

Android™ Expert

I believe it does not affect MaxMobile Elite (6GB or 11GB). It only affects SmartSurf plans, correct me if I am wrong @KaiBoon

Bingo

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

maybe jump after contact end.. SH anyhow change rule happily half way while they sign contract with us.