GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What National Day Means to me as a Singaporean 2019 #WeWillGetThere

Community Relationship Manager

Happy National Day from all of us at StarHub! 

Every year as National Day draws near, and radio stations and TV start playing National Day theme songs, a great sense of pride would sweep over me. Although I sometimes take things for granted - "ERP so expensive!", "I could have paid for another meal with the GST I paid", "MRT breakdown again!" , I can't deny that I feel safe walking on the streets at night, we have one of the best transport systems, good education system and healthcare infrastructure. 

To me, National day is a great day for everyone to come together to reflect on the achievements that we have accomplished as a nation as well as looking forward to build a better future together.

Also, what's National Day without National Day Parade! I'm always amazed by the sheer number of people needed to make the event possible, from the organizers behind the scene to the marching contingent and the dancers that tell the story and bring life to the stage.

(I'd like to use this chance to say THANK YOU! to those who are involved in NDP for putting on an amazing show year after year!)

What does National Day mean to you and how will you be celebrating National Day this year? 

Share your story in the comments below! 

2 Comments
New Commentator

@Jolene_L wrote:

Happy National Day from all of us at StarHub! 

Every year as National Day draws near, and radio stations and TV start playing National Day theme songs, a great sense of pride would sweep over me. Although I sometimes take things for granted - "ERP so expensive!", "I could have paid for another meal with the GST I paid", "MRT breakdown again!" , I can't deny that I feel safe walking on the streets at night, we have one of the best transport systems, good education system and healthcare infrastructure. 

To me, National day is a great day for everyone to come together to reflect on the achievements that we have accomplished as a nation as well as looking forward to build a better future together.

Also, what's National Day without National Day Parade! I'm always amazed by the sheer number of people needed to make the event possible, from the organizers behind the scene to the marching contingent and the dancers that tell the story and bring life to the stage.

(I'd like to use this chance to say THANK YOU! to those who are involved in NDP for putting on an amazing show year after year!)

What does National Day mean to you and how will you be celebrating National Day this year? 

Share your story in the comments below! 

Best video

Community Relationship Manager

@Muhammad Razman Glad you like the video! Any thoughts on National Day? Does National day resonate with you?