cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POLL: What Does Happiness Mean to You?

Highlighted
Community Relationship Manager

POLL: What Does Happiness Mean to You?

What does happiness mean to you, and how do you maintain happiness during tough times? 

Share below and inspire everyone! 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Senior Advocate

Re: POLL: What Does Happiness Mean to You?

Happiness to me is when everyone around me is safe and sound. In order to maintain happiness, I think body and mind need to be positive as well, eat and sleep well and exercise whenever you can, to stay active! Stay safe and healthy during these difficult times!
Highlighted

Well said, @Polarbear, I agree with you! Very important to keep a healthy mind and body. Which is why I always remind myself to live in the moment and enjoy every single minute of family time.  

Highlighted
Valued Advisor

Happiness is having a positive mindset, feel happy when we see others happy, being grateful for the things we have in life.

Happiness also is to extend whatever help we can for those facing challenges.

Maintaining happiness during tough times is about our attitude.

In the present situation we are facing, we can choose to be happy or unhappy.

One can complain about the restrictions, lament about not being able to meet friends or go out etc., etc, and feel unhappy.

On the other hand one can feel happy that he/she is helping the situation become better faster by stricly adhering to the restricitve measures in place. 

Highlighted

@luvnature Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! I'm guilty of that, sometimes I tend to take things for granted and not appreciate the things I have (and start complaining) but I keep reminding myself to take a step back and enjoy the moment and be grateful for the people around me. 

Although I'm cooped up at home, I get to spend more time with my family, have home-cooked meals and go to bed earlier!

And yes, one person's effort might be small but if we all adhere to the rules, it will make a huge impact. Hoping that this challenging period will be over soon and we can all go back to our usual routine!

Highlighted
Beauty Ambassador

To me, happiness is about not letting yourself suffer. Perhaps, you can see it as being able to see the silver lining in every dark cloud. Sometimes, of course, you miss that silver lining. Which is why it's important to surround yourself with people who can help you out. 

For instance, I stay in Punggol where the fighter jets make such a terrible noise every time they fly past, and they fly past A LOT. I even did a blogpost in 2017 about the number of planes that fly past in a day: https://workingwithgrace.wordpress.com/2017/08/23/number-of-planes-that-fly-over-punggol-in-a-day/

If you can't be bothered to read, from 8.34am to 5pm when I stopped counting, there had been 23 planes

You can either be driven crazy by this (at the start, I found it highly annoying too) OR find some way to cope. Now I take them as reminders to get eye breaks away from my computer screen. 

And right now, as we are in the middle of a pandemic, I do not think it's "tough times" for me, personally. I'm not a front-liner who has to wear PPE that leaves marks on my face. I'm not a hawker struggling to make ends meet. I'm not a food delivery rider who has to brave the sunshine and the rain to get meals to sometimes unappreciative customers.

I'm given the luxury of staying home, where I don't have to wear a mask, where I have food and water, where I can binge-watch Korean dramas. XD

~

Visit Grace's award-winning blog now: http://workingwithgrace.wordpress.com/ Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I also hear the planes from my place every weekday. Because it’s near to the Paya Lebar Airbase and the air force training doesn’t stop even during circuit breaker time, so I am getting used to the sound of them flying past. And also I will sometimes lookout of my window to try to spot them. A form of taking a break from work.

Back to the main topic, for me happiness means being able to immerse myself in doing the things which I love to do as well as being able to spend quality time with my loved ones. Also, when you give / contribute / share your knowledge and help others out, the happiness i feel from this process is priceless.
Phyo
------
Go Green with Me! [Reduce, Reuse, Recycle]
Highlighted
Valued Advisor

"Also, when you give / contribute / share your knowledge and help others out, the happiness i feel from this process is priceless"

Well said! No happiness can be greater than this:-)