GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Senior Phone Plan

I am retired and have a small fixed income monthly.  I really don't need the latest phone model.  My suggestion is that StarHub has a senior mobile plan (specially priced) that has unlimited calls to all StarHub fixed lines as well as all StarHub mobile lines in the same household and subscriber.  I don't stay with my grown up kids anymore.  So if my son subscribe for me my Seniors plan, i can call him and my grandchildren who are under his account.   That will be very usful as i ferry them around.   

9 Comments
Hub Master
Status changed to: New Idea

Hub Master

That is a nice suggestion. Let see if there are other people who are keen in this as well.

Golden Guru

Yes, You can see that rate of new smartphone models becoming obsolete is very fast. Every major brands will come out with a new model every year and most people don't use all the features anyway. Like anything new there will always be bugs here and there to be fixed e.g low battery life, not water resistant,  etc.. hence it always best to opt for 1 year model ago, definitely value for money. The smartphone depreciates immediately once you bought it . 

For seniors it is defintitely good to have a basic low cost plan, with 3G connectivity and data speed (no need for 4G) to extend the life of telcos old infrastructure capital expenditure.

Golden Guru
Structure the Sr Plan with different benefits for different age group,starting from age 55 with 5 yrs increment.
Home Networking Expert

Maybe also allow the plan to be tagged to the kin's name? For example, I'm paying for my mum bills, so her phone line is registered under my name now. Otherwise, we run a real risk of actually forgetting paying the bill (we live separately).

Hub Master
Status changed to: Idea Bank

Hub Master
Status changed to: New Idea

Hub Master
Status changed to: Considering

Community Caregiver

I think it's a good idea that a plan can allowed tagged to the kin's name, so that we don't run the risk of forgetting to pay a bill when our parents become more dependent. Why didn't I ever think of that? Lol! Is this arrangement available? Thanks in advance for the answer! Smiley Happy