Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Connection Speed and frequent Disconnection

Senior Commentator

Slow Connection Speed and frequent Disconnection

3 REPLIES 3
Senior Commentator

Re: Slow Connection Speed and frequent Disconnection

We are very disappointed with Starhub on the services & help rendered to reconnect back the losing network signal at my premises.

We have recently re-contract/upgrade from Homehub 500 to Homehub1000 on 4 November 2017. The sales consultant further informed that the technical upgrade will be on 7 November 2017 from 2359 hrs to 0600 hrs.

Sadly, we encountered network issue on 7 November 2017 at about 1500 hrs. nevertheless, we believed that the backend are carrying out the upgrade for us and we did not pursue the matter.

However, on 8 November 2017 at about 2000 hrs, we noticed that the signal was not up and called 1633 for technical assistance and was attended by Ms Annie Chieng.

We were advised that the upgrade was successful and signal was working perfectly with no error prompt. Nevertheless, she arranged for a technician to attend to us on 9 November 2017.

Technician, Mr Eddy attended to us and after a purge IP address from the back end / refresh IP address, the connection was up.

Although it is running up to 1Gbps, we noticed that the connection was much slower than 500Mbps. Mr Eddy informed that it is achieving the targeted speed connection and left.

However, All apps/website was not able to run properly (i.e. slow in connecting to the website, losing connection and/or disconnected and/or unable to load at all.

We run connection on 3G/4G is much better than Homehub 1000.

We appreciate your soonest response.

Dexter

Senior Commentator

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 12.05.26 pm.png

Alumni (Retired)

Hi @d3xt3r, thanks for reaching out. Please send me a PM with the subscriber's name, NRIC/FIN, mobile and email address for further assistance. Thank you.