cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales not honoured

New Commentator

Sales not honoured

Hi there,

I had a very poor experience with Starhub Fiber Broad plan.

My home is inter-linked and has 3 routers altogether. Since the beginning of discussion to change service provider on 7 October 2018, I have also clearly informed the Sales team, via emails and multiple calls of this network structure. After following up with questions relating to the routers, the Sales team confirmed that there is no issue and would ensure that my internet network would function post the installation. Otherwise, the sales contract would be called off. Repeated emphasis was also made to the Sales Team that such arrangement should be explicitly conveyed to the technical team to ensure a smooth installation process.

To my dismay, the installation went very badly and failed:

1. On 27 October, technical during the installation was unaware of the requirement to ensure all routers can function. Initially, he refuted to perform the “additional work” as he has not been informed. He later relented after providing him with email proofs.
  2. Installation was not successful and technician was not experienced enough to detect why 2 of the routers were not working. This was a complete waste of 2 hours of our time and
  3. Post the failed installation, Sales offices did not contact me as promised. I had to make several calls and emails to contact them.
  4. For the last 3 weeks, the sales hotline has promised to get back to me with a solution, but to no avail. As of 13 Nov, I have not received a callback in the last week despite several emails.
  5. They have requested me to pay additional $330 to buy 2 new routers when I have no issue with my current network. Also, this is steep premium to other routers sold at retail outlets. 

I sincerely hope Starhub can provide me with the help to quickly resolve this matter.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: Sales not honoured

Hi, we apologise for the service experience and inconvenience caused.

In order for us to arrange for assistance, please PM us your subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address to https://community.starhub.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/242 

Thank you.