GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocation

Valued Commentator

Relocation

My homehub Fibre is due for recontract. With the intention of renewing my contract, I called in to confirm that if it is indeed due for recontract and at the same time to inform that I am in the midst of shifting house. I am extremely displeased to learn that I have to pay additional $120 for relocation fees. Honestly, the amount is ridiculous. It cost almost half of my monthly bills. When probe regarding what this $120 covers, I was told it's for installation, service activation and etc. Installation fr broadband and cable tv, I can do it on my own. If you are defining that $120 as an activation fee, it doesn't justify the cost. Please look into waiving it off. I am a hubber, been using Starhub for probably 10 over years and learning that I need to fork out additional amount for a 'relocation' fee is definitely a turn off. Let me know if the waiver is possible. Else, I'm considering to cancel my subscription. Already I find my monthly bills are so high and with this additional amount, I'm definitely not keen to continue the subscription and would look for a better alternative. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Re: Relocation

Apologies for the delayed response due to high volume of enquiries. We'll not be able to waive the relocation charge. Please PM us the subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number by clicking >> HERE, we’ll arrange for assistance. 

Esteemed Commentator

Community Manager

Hi wangxq, please PM us the subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address, service address and mobile number by clicking >> HERE, we’ll arrange for assistance. 

Community Manager

Hi wangxq, we've replied you via the main post.

Esteemed Commentator

Hi Lyn, 

I have sent the PM as you required last Wednesday (9 Jan), but I didn't get any futher response till now.

Can you please look into it?

Please note the main thread is as below:

https://community.starhub.com/t5/Fibre-BroadBand/Should-my-Fibre-Broadband-relocation-service-fee-12...

Community Manager

We've highlighted to the relevant team to expedite on the follow up. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. Thank you.

Valued Commentator

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your effort. I have since terminated my homehub plan and applied
for another.