StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recontract - Does Starhub really care?

Home Networking Expert

Re: Recontract - Does Starhub really care?

@Eren wrote:
Sglnx i totally agree with you the customer experience i had is simply unacceptable... but i will make sure their VP of customer service Diana gets to know about my experience as she is my neighbour.. i am collating all the screenshots of their replies..

Lucky the CSO never tell you we are not starhub shop. We are just exclusive retailer. Your VP neighbour might tell you the same answer also.

Hub Master

As for the bundling, we are flexible and do allow our StarHub TV subscribers to choose their preferred channels/groups. Pricing wise, the more channels/groups you take up, the more you pay. Fair and square right.

I understand your point of view for customer loyalty. Let me explore this and see if we are able to come out with something for our longterm customers.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
New Commentator

Back to Topic  subject ! ,  Recontract - Does Starhub really care?  Andwer :  No,  they don't care. I can give a few use case and  Customer experiance with Starhub.  All Telcos will talk to a lot to get new customer once you signup services, then they don't care about you. they have called  Bundled Package Plan, basic group selection. but they don't care on what customer needs!!!!!.

New Commentator

Yes Starhub dont really care, i just call to recontract, guess what?

Im totally piss off with their service, im switching to other provider....fyi im with starhub for more than 10yrs now.

Honored Commentator

It is rather frustrating that Telcos are more interested in getting new customers than retaining loyal ones. The grass always seem greener on the other side, in this case, it really is!

Free gifts and promotion for first time customers. Other than the convenience of re-contracting online, there really isn't much enticement for existing customers. 

Poor customer service is a big no-no. I have received mix quality of customer care, therefore I will not totally condemn Starhub, but I do appreciate it when I receive good customer service. Even if I have to pay a little premium to receive better customer service, quality products, I do. 

I truly understand your disappointment when Starhub is not willing to go the extra mile to keep you as a customer, I am also contemplating switching all my services when the contracts expire.

New Commentator

I totally agreed with your sentence. 

I'm disappointed with their recent service.  They no longer value the long term customer. 

My contract ending this few days.  Drop them a contact thru their "recontract" page.

Although missed once or twice calls, they never return to follow up. 

New Commentator

I know this is a dated post, but gosh, I can totally feel the unfeeling responses from all the examples given! I really wished I had read all these before I signed another 2 years contract with them! Over the years, Starhub has proven without fail its ablity to "add more cost at its disposal" and "remove more value" to their paying customers especially when we are tied down by the contract and have to pay a high penalty if we had enough and decide to end the contract. One good example is when my family signed up with them donkey years ago, they were made to purchase their TV box and hence OWNED the tv box, but one fine day in the midst of the contract, Starhub decided they wanted to start charging for "rental of the TV box" and additional cost suddenly appeared on the bill. It is logical for one to pay "rental" for something that one has PURCHASED and OWNED, seriously?! Numerous calls made to their contact centre resulted in same answer given, this is the new policy, they said...

Second e.g.: I had moved out on my own and currently into my 3rd contract with Starhub. Everytime during the appointment for installations, the technicians are ALWAYS LATE, there are always some MISCOMMUNICATIONS and when a new TV box was given when we were forced to change from cable to fibre, the technicians did not give us the new cables that come with the new box, citing "it's the same as the old one". "SO what happen if there is any technical issues due to the old cables", I asked? "Then you can call us and bring down to Starhub shop to change" was his reply. Does Starhub care that they are wasiting their customer's time in such cases? I don't think so.

Third e.g.: Starhub decided to go green, nothing wrong with that, but they decided to force all their customers to receive electronic bills and if you want/need a paper bill, they charge $1 for each bill. Ridiculous decision that once again, prove that Starhub doesn't give a **bleep** about their customers! When called their contact centre, cso said only senior citizens above 60 years old get waiver for their paper bill. Firstly, it is ridiculous that you start charging us for paper bill. But since this arrangement is avaliable, I asked if we can get the paper bill fee waived since my parents qualified for this. To which, the cso said they only recognised the subscriber. So I asked, if that's the case, then can we resolve this by letting us change the subscriber to my parent. The unhelpful cso said can if we pay $20 + GST for EACH SERVICE we have, which means we have to pay $60+GST in order to have paper bill fee waived. If I had known about this, I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT HAVE RENEWED MY CONTRACT FOR ANOTHER 2 YEARS. And worst still, I was reading some of the comments here and realised that if I completed my contract and want to terminate, there is still a $30++ fee to terminate the fibre broadband even when there is no more contract! I don't think I will be the only person whi felt CHEATED in this scenerio!

Anyway, I just wasted more than an hour talking to a useless service manager from their General Enquiry Department who is mechanical and robotic in responses and is not even able to answer a simple question on my bill! He is also not trustworthy enough as a person as he went back his words immediately when I accepted his proposal to get another service manager to call me back. Now I DO NOT TRUST that he can provide any solution to my concerns due to his lack of empathy and knowledge. I hope Starhub is still taking their customers and business seriously and doing things with a heart! 

Community Manager

I have replied to your PM. Let's get in touch there. 

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is