StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recontract - Does Starhub really care?

Esteemed Commentator

Recontract - Does Starhub really care?

I am writing this post as i am extremely dissatisfied with the treatment we have faced during the recontracting our starhub bundle which includes tv, internet, home phone and 3 mobile lines.
To start with, i must say we have been happy customers of starhub for the last 5 years and near the contract end we have always received proactive calls from starhub offering us some additional perks to renew our contract which never happened this time. So last week went to your outlet at causeway point to renew our bundle and also recontract my phoneline whivh is also due.. to cut short the lady at the counter told us they only have one promo for all customers so doesnt matter if we are a loyal customer starhub or not the message is either we take it or leave it and i told the lady every renewal time, you have given us a one year free fox movie channel etc and she said that is only for selected customers and that moment we understood that we are not slected!!.. Eventually we chose not to renew anything with starhub and left the outlet.. Your competitor had an outlet just next to starhub and while passing by, the salesman offered us a fibre bundle deal and after calling his head quarter he also included free worldcup channel and 6 month free view of fox movie channel if we also convert our 3 mobile number to their line..
After all the disappointment i wrote a feedback to you from your website 4 days ago, no reply or call so far.. i have also called your customer service and asked if you have a customer retention team that i can talk to; the answer is no but when i said i will discontinue with your services and give back my hine bundle and 3 mobile lines the customer service agent was very good at telling me that its my decision and in a way take it or leave it! But thanks to him that i know that i need to wait till july to sign with another service provider otherwise i need to pay penalty to starhub.. this is the first time i have ever written to you and i hate to sound like i am threatening starhub, its not the case as i decided to discontinue with starhub effective july..
So my question is do you really care your existing customers?
Regards
Tan Siew Peng
Everyone's Tags (1)
17 REPLIES 17
Hub Master

Re: Recontract - Does Starhub really care?

Hi there

What type of promotion will interest you?
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Commentator

Basically your promotion for new starhub customers and the existing customers should not be the same. We have our home bundle which includes 4 basic tv channel group, we wanted to renew our home bundle package to fibre internet promo but we were asked to give up one basic channel group option as your new promo only allows 3 channel groups.. so we want to keep the 4 channel groups and we dont need the mobile broadband stick which comes with the new promo, we rather have a movie channel instead..
Please let me know if this is possible as i will renew the home bundle and my mobile contract of which contract has already expired.
Thanks
Siew Peng
Hub Master

We do allow 4 basic tiers. Even 7 is also fine.

As for the mobile broadband, able to share why you don't need it? You can use it on a USB dongle, smartphone and tablet.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Commentator

I think you did not get me, yes i know that you allow 4 or even 7 tiers as long as i pay extra right?? What i am saying is today i have 4 tiers in my bundle and i dont want to pay extra if i take the promo as your promo only allows 3 basic tiers..

I dont need a mobile broadband stick as my smartphone already has dataplan so i dont need it..
Nevertheless thanks for your reply but I think you dont need to reply me anymore as we are getting nowhere.. i will make sure Diana Lee gets to hear my story of customer experience with Starhub before my contract ends in July..
Honored Advisor

@Eren wrote:
I am writing this post as i am extremely dissatisfied with the treatment we have faced during the recontracting our starhub bundle which includes tv, internet, home phone and 3 mobile lines.
To start with, i must say we have been happy customers of starhub for the last 5 years and near the contract end we have always received proactive calls from starhub offering us some additional perks to renew our contract which never happened this time. So last week went to your outlet at causeway point to renew our bundle and also recontract my phoneline whivh is also due.. to cut short the lady at the counter told us they only have one promo for all customers so doesnt matter if we are a loyal customer starhub or not the message is either we take it or leave it and i told the lady every renewal time, you have given us a one year free fox movie channel etc and she said that is only for selected customers and that moment we understood that we are not slected!!.. Eventually we chose not to renew anything with starhub and left the outlet.. Your competitor had an outlet just next to starhub and while passing by, the salesman offered us a fibre bundle deal and after calling his head quarter he also included free worldcup channel and 6 month free view of fox movie channel if we also convert our 3 mobile number to their line..
After all the disappointment i wrote a feedback to you from your website 4 days ago, no reply or call so far.. i have also called your customer service and asked if you have a customer retention team that i can talk to; the answer is no but when i said i will discontinue with your services and give back my hine bundle and 3 mobile lines the customer service agent was very good at telling me that its my decision and in a way take it or leave it! But thanks to him that i know that i need to wait till july to sign with another service provider otherwise i need to pay penalty to starhub.. this is the first time i have ever written to you and i hate to sound like i am threatening starhub, its not the case as i decided to discontinue with starhub effective july..
So my question is do you really care your existing customers?
Regards
Tan Siew Peng

"Hi there
What type of promotion will interest you?"

your long story only receive such a pathetic reply, do you think SH cares? if i were you, i'll bring my biz elsewhere. btw, i'll abandon ship when my contract ends.

Android™ Expert

You need to understand that promotions changes from time to time. The current promotion gives you 3 free basic tiers but at a lower price. If you choose to add on an additional tier, you will just have to top up accordingly. Which I believe is a better approach since not everyone needs 4 tiers, and they will be paying a higher price for that 4 tiers even though they only need 3.

Intech thats your point of view, and i can also argue back '3 tier is not enough for everyone'.
I think you missed the point here; the question is simple ' what is the difference between a new starhub customer whi just signed up and a customer using starhub for the last 5 years?'

The answer is an absolute 'no difference' as the so called promo they have is for everyone!!!
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Sglnx i totally agree with you the customer experience i had is simply unacceptable... but i will make sure their VP of customer service Diana gets to know about my experience as she is my neighbour.. i am collating all the screenshots of their replies..
Android™ Expert

Well, I think you misunderstood what I am trying to bring across. Say for example, I only need 3 tiers, but if 4 tiers is bundled, I will be paying the additional charges for that additional tier which I don't need. Those that need that additional tiers can just simply top up the difference. The bundle price will definitely be higher as compared to the current pricing if its standard bundle consist of 4 tiers. Maybe StarHub can provide the customers with more bundles to choose from.

Back to your point, I agree with you that there should be something special for loyal customers. Currently, they are giving out reward points which can be exchanged for various stuff but it is not very significant. I too hope that StarHub will be able to do more for their loyal customers. Even small tokens like movie tickets, shopping vouchers with every contract renewal will be enticing.