Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-contract options

SOLVED
Highlighted
Trusted Advocate

Re-contract options

My existing contract has finished and have just called Starhub to re-contract.

Nothing is simple, all I want to do is re-contract but have been advised to do this I have to change from cable TV to fibre TV and this will involved running ethernet cabling for the two additional set-top boxes I have, at $107 each.

I advised the rep. that I would prefer to stay with cable TV and was told I can only do so if I don't re-contract, just carry on as I am on a monthly basis.  This si OK but my monthly premium would also stay the same at around $25 more than the re-contract fee rate.

Is it possible to re-contract at the lower rate and stay on cable, apparently not, even though it is less cost for Starhub too.

Dosn't make sense to me, are thereother options to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grand Guru
Solution

Re: Re-contract options

Starhub have stop contract on cable network as in both Cable TV and Cable Broadband.

Although for existing subscribers may continue to use.

This cable network would be ceased in 2020 or earlier.

As for running the ethernet cable via trunking cost $107 per connection from point A to B.

When sign-up to Fibre TV may entitle for 1 free trunking.

If you take 2 Set top box the connection refer to > Multiply Set-top boxes set-up

The IP Switch as in the illustration would come with the package as someone had mentioned.

Regards.

3 REPLIES
Alumni (Retired)

Hi Wurlitzer

We're no longer offering Cable TV sign-ups as we're working to move all our customers to our faster, stronger Fibre platform. Rest assured that all channels supported on our Cable TV services will be shared with our Fibre TV services. 

Trusted Advocate

Thanks for your reply.

"Faster" doesn't really come in to this as I am not having any problems with the speed of the cable connection, I've had cable for 10 years now without any problems so "stronger" isn't an issue either.  I have fibre to the home already for broadband.

Why I'd like to know really is why I can't just re-contract with what I have now and enjoy the rate being offered for re-contract, rather than staying on my existing rate.

As an alternative, does anyone have experience of using the Aztech Home Plug with Starhub fibre TV?  I presently have many of these aound the house to spread wifi around and they also offer RJ45 data connectors, I guess these could be used instead of running dedicated data points?  Has anyone tried this?

Grand Guru
Solution

Starhub have stop contract on cable network as in both Cable TV and Cable Broadband.

Although for existing subscribers may continue to use.

This cable network would be ceased in 2020 or earlier.

As for running the ethernet cable via trunking cost $107 per connection from point A to B.

When sign-up to Fibre TV may entitle for 1 free trunking.

If you take 2 Set top box the connection refer to > Multiply Set-top boxes set-up

The IP Switch as in the illustration would come with the package as someone had mentioned.

Regards.