GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No show for HomeHub recontract

Trusted Commentator

No show for HomeHub recontract

Hi, I re-contracted Starhub services at my residential address and had an appointment with Starhub for today morning to set up the Home Hub. One person from Starhub came to my home and gave me the new card for mobile data that was included in the plan. He mentioned that people from other department will come and set up the broadband and TV, but it's almost end of the day and nobody from Starhub ever came to my home. When I contacted the customer service helpline, they said that they see no appointment on the system.

This is really poor customer service and highly unprofessional to change the appointment without any prior notice, while you charge the customers for any change in appointmentment date.

12 REPLIES 12
Grand Guru

Re: No show for HomeHub recontract

Hi  @Heman

Do send your subscriber details via http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery
by clicking on 'Ask an Account Related Question'
and including your StarHub Community user name,
so that the customer support can check on this accordingly.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi Heman, we are sorry that you had a bad experience in terms of setting up of your broadband and TV.

Do PM me your account details so that we can get the relevant team to assist you in the setting up of your broadband and TV.

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

Thank you

Trusted Commentator

I am even more annoyed now. I got a call yesterday to reschedule the appointment to next week. Today I got an email with password protected contract PDF attached that never opens. So I called the customer service to ask for the details of the contract. When I first signed up for HomeHub 200 on Apr 15, it was on a promotional price. Now, you have signed me up for it at the regular price. Why should I pay a higher price when you messed up my previous appointment?

Grand Guru

Hi  @Heman

Why you did not want to open & read first.

As you mentioned, it is "password protected contract PDF", do you mean that once you open, it is consider as the contract is accepted by you.

For me, i don't think this is stated as that you have accept the T&C, as this should not be.

For Online purchase, the staff have to read all points in the Terms & Conditions first, as it is recorded and if i said yes, it is confirmed.

Just open the PDF file and read.

The purpose of having a password protected, it is on a case to case, if your case is unique.

The customer service staff will only give you the normal Terms & Conditions, in general.

As long as you do not reply (do nothing) and this may mean you do not accept.

To me, as the PDF is password protected, this mean it is a private arrangement between you and Starhub, and no other staff, especially the customer service staff would know.

As similar as in Court, when 2 parties did a private arrangement, and no 3rd party would know.

Trusted Commentator

Hi @eric3743, I guess you did not get the point - the PDF doesn't open. It wants last 4 chars of my nric/fin as the password, and I have tried that, it still doesn't open. Do you have any suggestion apart from saying that try caps on/off?
Trusted Commentator

Today, I am finally able to see my contract and the price is incorrect.

When I recontracted, the homehub200 was under promotion. The link to the promo page is: https://www.starhub.com/personal/forms/hubbing/homehub-200-upgrade.html ($58.48 per month), and the contract shows monthly charge of $68.80.

Please look into it.

Alumni (Retired)

HI @Heman,

Your case was referred to our support team, have you heard from them yet?

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Trusted Commentator

Not yet @Santosh Rai

Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Heman,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Let us check, we will keep you posted. 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!