StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation for Homehub

Esteemed Commentator

Installation for Homehub

I am very disappointed on how Starhub has handled my case. I have recently recontract to Homehub on 6 Dec and was set for installation on the 18 Dec. As before this, i was using fibre broadband and cable tv so i assume it was just a swap of machine. 

On 18 Dec, the technical guy came and was not able to install as my modem was in another room and they would require to install a data point in the hall for the iptv.  Another date was set on 20 Dec for both data point and installation of homehub. 

On 20 Dec, data point was done but again installation was unsuccessful as iptv was not provision. Was very pissed off as 20 Dec was not my original date and that this thing should have been done way before 18 Dec. So i have already wasted 2 days. 

Then the technical guy on 20 Dec, asked me to call CS on this, should not he be the one calling. It's only after i insist that he make the call then he did. Then he says the CS will call back to fix another date. 

On 24 Dec, i went down to Starhub at West Mall as for the pass four days, there were no calls from CS. they tried to slot for me on the 5 Jan but will need to wait for confirmation. Till now, nothing. 

Then as of 27 Dec, i was not able to connect to my fibre broadband. Apparently after calling CS, they said there were some conflict after doing some changes on the background. They gave me 24hr to rectify the problem by setting a new ip or something and they will expedite. It has been more than 24hr and yesterday i called CS again to give me an update. They said they will expedite the process. I have been hearing expedite since the first call but till now no progress. I specifically told the person to give me an update today but received no news. 

I have been relying on my mobile data for my work which i find it nonsense since i should be using my fibre at home. 

My question is, is there somebody working on the problem and how long more should i wait for response. To me this show that your after sales service really needs improvement. I have been using Starhub all the while and have given support despite hearing what people have said about after sales service, however, i after all this, i doubt the next time i am renewing. In fact i may think of just terminating and go for other provider. 

I need Starhub to provide a response.

7 REPLIES
Esteemed Commentator

Re: Installation for Homehub

Guess Starhub is all talk but no work done. Been waiting for call since 4pm today, when the CS told me they will call back ard 4-6pm today. No one called. Till now, i have had no internet access since 27 Dec. Even this post also gets ignored i guess and it seems like admins are selectively picking cases to work on...well done Starhub for wasting yet another day of my time. Kudos to you.
Esteemed Commentator

Again was promised yesterday that Starhub will send in a technician to setup temporary cable broadband today but only to call back to say that they do not have available technician. Well done, in pushing to next year. To inform you, I am only available on 5&6 Jan. And 5 Jan was supposed to be the installation for Homehub but yet confirm and i seriously doubt Starhub will get it sort out by then. So how long more am i going to wait. By then, i am without internet for more than 10 days. I would really demand Starhub to compensate for the downtime, and i would certainly not pay for service that i do not receive. I am running to almost my limit on my mobile data, is Starhub going to pay for it, i doubt so.
New Commentator

I am also sailing in same boat. There service is so lousy been complaining day in and out. They never send the engineer prepared.

Merely because of one device the whole installation was canceled.

And now I am here waiting without an Internet.

Esteemed Commentator

Guess we all have to wait and wait...i think that is what Starhub are best at. Keeping people on the waitlist. Addition to installation, mine came twice and both was unsuccessful. The third one never came at all.
Esteemed Commentator

I'm now very sure that the admins here are selectively picking cases since you don't reply to this post which has been here since Saturday. Well done! Limpeh clap for you. 

Community Manager

Apologies for the delayed response due to high volume of enquiries. Please PM us the subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address, service address and mobile number by clicking >> HERE, we’ll arrange for assistance. 

Community Manager

Hi, please PM us your subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!