Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to postpone/cancel re-contract?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

How to postpone/cancel re-contract?

Hi, looking for some help here. I submitted a re-contract request online and a telesales representative got in touch with me over the phone this morning.

At the time, I agreed with the arrangements and tentatively set the installation date to this Friday. In hindsight it was probably a tad impulsive of me to agree so quickly as the upgrade (cable to fibre) has more complications (lots of re-wiring) and additional charges, and the new TV set-top boxes appear to operate very differently. 

I don't think I am comfortable with the current arrangements and am hoping to go down to a starhub store this weekend to have someone walk me through the re-contract in detail again, and finalize my decision there instead.

In the meantime, I would like to cancel the current re-contract terms that I agreed to over the phone this morning, including the installation arrangements for this Friday. I am not looking to cancel my subscription or any services, just the re-contract agreement, as I will re-do it again later with more time to understand the changes needed.

I'll prefer a cancelation of the re-contract arrangements over postponement if possible, as I may want to change the services associated with the new contract (re-wiring, set-top box subscription, etc) when I attempt the re-contract again.

As the installation has not completed yet, the new contract shouldn't be in effect so it should be possible to cancel the re-contract without incurring termination charges, right?

Will greatly appreciate any advice on how I can obtain help on this matter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Solution

Re: How to postpone/cancel re-contract?

Hi xenorelic, please send me a private massage with your name, NRIC/FIN, contact number and email address so that I can get in touch and assist you further. Thank you

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Solution

Hi xenorelic, please send me a private massage with your name, NRIC/FIN, contact number and email address so that I can get in touch and assist you further. Thank you

View solution in original post

Honored Advisor

Hi there
A quick check. Are you succeeding cancel to re contract? I also want to cancel my re contract..
t
Thanks
Valued Commentator

Josephine got someone from Starhub to call me back and helped me to cancel the re-contract at that time. It really helped!