cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homehub1000 recontract without router

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Homehub1000 recontract without router

Hi, my current contract should be dued for re-contracting.
I saw the Homehub1000 promo and understand that it comes with a Linksys router.
But, I am currently using another Dlink router 815L which is serving me well.
I called up your sales hotline to see if I can have some rebate without taking the new Linksys router but was told that SH is unable to make any change to the package.
Unless the current Dlink815L is outdated or not compatible with the Starhub network, otherwise I think we should not create unnecessary electronic waste.
I think as one of the biggest Singapore's national service provided, you should consider a more environmentally sustainable solution for the nation.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Grand Guru

Re: Homehub1000 recontract without router

Hi,

Do want till your contract is due and then wait a bit more.

Sometimes they do offer special offer to existing customers on after completed 21 months of contract.

As special offer are not listed anywhere.

As in my case, there are several calls from sales staff contact me on special offer.

In the very last month of my contract a mailer was sent as a final offer, not available anywhere else.

It was a offer HomeHub 1000 with free IPTV subscription, meaning paying standard 1Gbps Fibre plan.

Hence i took this offer as there is no router which in placed as a form of IPTV subscription.

As it was without routers as i do have several routers.

It also come into my knowledge that the same offer was provided to my neighbours.

Until then maybe you could wait a bit to see if there is such &or other kind of offer made for you.

As offer maybe done by Marketing dept and may not be in either Sales or Aftersales depts.

Thereafter the sales staff will do the talking.

This was related to me by the sales staff when they will told on such offer to me.

Do take note that when sales staff calls, their phone numbers are not listed.

Meaning phone numbers may be unknown numbers or you never come across, as they are most likely to be the sales staff phones.

Answer the calls but do take a bit of precaution, as they do have certain details of yours but may required you to verify... but do not give the complete details.

For example, they need your NRIC and Name as to confirm they are talking to the correct Subscriber.

But they do have your address, so let the staff state your address and other particulars (such as contract expiry & plan, etc) to confirm that they have your correct particulars.

Do take note on the sales Name.

Should you feel that something is not right, do hang up.

In the meanwhile do lookout for promotion in Online store, Starhub.com website promotions, and visit shops to collect the updated brochure on the latest promotion available.

Online store and starhub.com website offers may be same as well as different &or extra.

By then if there are promotion not suitable to you then you can write to forum staff for assistance.

i am not starhub staff.

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

That's great!!! My current homehub1000(fibre) contract will end in 28th Feb. But I have not receive any call from SH. ,😔😑 I will wait for a little longer. Singtel also giving good offer now with 8months free subscription.. 

Will do my sum and compare while waiting for my contract to end.. 

Thanks for your advice..

Ak

Highlighted
Grand Guru

Hi,

By now they should have contact you on any offer.

You can PM forum staff to check for you.

Do PM (private message) forum staff Amy_Law to assist you on this matter.

Or to the forum staff that reply here, by clicking on the staff's post: Send a private message.

Click on this link; >> Send private message to Amy_Law

Please submit and provide with the following information;

Message Subject:

Registered subscriber Name, NRIC/FIN number, contact, email.

Description:

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

i am not starhub staff &or related to.

Highlighted
Grand Guru

Hi,

Current standard offer is 6 months free subscription on HomeHub 1000.

Plus free either Linksys Router or Google WiFi with top-up of $15 x 24 months.

Most do sell off the routers on the resale markets.

Note that Singtel Mio TV and Starhub TV are on both different channels.

For your info.

Regards.

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your advice.. I will try to PM Amy. 

But the package you mentioned is exactly what is shown in the website which I think should be tailored for new subscribers as I do not need another router.

Of course, as you mentioned, we can sell it on resale market, but why do SH wants to create such necessary waste? 

Unless they say that the new router is necessary because of IPTV, else I do not see why we should be force to get the router and sell it somewhere else..

They can simply create a package without router for existing client, like giving another 3 months free subscriptions (I think the router was claimed by SH to be $299) on top of the current 6 months free subscriptions..