StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homehub 1000 unsuccessful installation & billing

Esteemed Commentator

Homehub 1000 unsuccessful installation & billing

Recontract on 9 Sept for Homehub 1000 ( Free 6 months) 

Book appointment for data point installation & Fiber TV n Fiber broadband installation on 30 Sept 

18 Sept -  received a missed call from 63291480

Return call on 19 Sept, can't remember the coy name but is representing Starhub.

Saying the contract is still pending and waiting for approval due to some upgrading of broadband in my residential area. Asking me whether to cancel or not.  

I told them I'm still keen with the contract and request them to help me check how long it will take for the upgrading.  Strangely, half an hour later someone called me back saying everything is now ready and approved.

Faster forward to 30 Sept.

• 1248pm , data point installed by 2 technicans from Starhub (Field engineer ID: EC0009)
  • 6pm, Starhub engineer  (Field engineer ID: E00033) came to install the Fiber TV & broadband but was UNSUCCESSFUL - Check with NC, IPTV not submitted. He connected back the old cable tv set top box and told me Starhub will contact me promptly by next week to schedule another appointment to fix the problem.

NO call NO update for the entire week

6 Oct - received the Starhub bill with a rude shock!! $221.95 !!!

• Pro-rated - 1000mbps fibre broadband 20/9/17 to 30/9/17 - $30.3637  [ Charged me money even before installation?!?! ]
  • Monthly - 1000mbps fibre broadband 1/10/17 - 31/10/17 - $82.8101 it is stated in the service agreement that homehub 1000 is $88.80 a month with free 6 months ]

http://www.starhub.com/personal/store/homehub/browse/products/homehub-1000-_free-6-months.html

I'm still have a MaxOnline 100mbps cable connection. So I'm expecting to pay for that - $37.2940

But I took issue with Starhub asking me to pay for the 1Gbps fibre broadband when I haven't even use it and pricing not in accordance to the contract. 

I called the Starhub billing hotline 1637 but was told to wait till further investigation is done.

So, base on the chain of events since 9 Sept. I think it is better to be more proactive in seeking help in various platforms. Your organization appears quite messed up. 

I'm puzzled and stucked with the contract. 

Anyone can advise?? 

7 REPLIES 7
Grand Guru

Re: Homehub 1000 unsuccessful installation & billing

Do write to forum staff to assist & expedite your recontract.

As for billing charges do include in the details.

Do PM (private message) forum staff Amy_Law to assist you on this matter.

Or to the forum staff that reply here, by clicking on the staff's post: Send a private message.

Click on this link; >> Send private message to Amy_Law

Please submit and provide with the following information;

Message Subject:

Registered subscriber Name, NRIC/FIN number, contact, email.

Description:

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

i am not starhub staff &or related to.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi ChanZeng, I'd like to assist. Please PM me with your full name, NRIC/FIN, StarHub account number, email and mobile so I can help.

- Sal
Esteemed Commentator

Esteemed Commentator

Thks. I will PM u tml. Thks
Esteemed Commentator

Esteemed Commentator

Esteemed Commentator