GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Recontract and Downgrade of Data Plan

Senior Commentator

Early Recontract and Downgrade of Data Plan

I'd like to check if, as a hub club member, if I can downgrade a data plan from 4G4 to 4G3 when I do an early recontract?

7 REPLIES 7
Grand Guru

Re: Early Recontract and Downgrade of Data Plan

Hi  @lyndonchua

For downgrade of mobile plan, it is consider as termination.

This applies to all mobile customes on whether s/he is a hub club member or not; no different.

Only when doing recontract, which the contract must completed 21 months, then it can be downgraded.

I am not Starhub staff & related to.

Alumni (Retired)

Hello @lyndonchua,

Slight corrections to @eric3743 reply above.

You are able to downgrade your mobile plan in 2 scenarios and they are as follow.

1) You are able to downgrade your mobile plan at the point of recontract (from 13 months onwards).

2) You are able to downgrade your mobile plan upon completion of your 24 months mobile contract.

Hey Eric, FYI as well.

Thanks 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Grand Guru

Hi  @Santosh Rai

Noted.

This mean by paying the early recontract fees of $300 for 4G plan, downgrade of plan, after completed 12 month of contract, is without any other charges, right.

Thanks.

Senior Commentator

Hi @Santosh Rai and @eric3743,

The following threads seem to suggest otherwise:

http://community.starhub.com/t5/Mobile-Plans-and-Rates/Downgrading-of-Mobile-Plan-during-Early-Recon...

http://community.starhub.com/t5/Mobile-Plans-and-Rates/Downgrade-penalty-for-early-recontract/m-p/11...

Can you clarify/update these threads to confirm there is no penalty? tks.

Grand Guru

Hi  @lyndonchua

For any info from the forum, it may not be correct &or acceptable as true &or accurate.

Most of my statements were from previous source, either Starhub.com or this forum.

After reading @Santosh Rai  statement, i had to check on the Termination charges.

To me, i would say that Starhub did misled on this Early Recontract issue.

By paying $300 for Early Recontract fees, (with or without Hubber benefit) is almost the same as termination charges.

It would be like in this way;

Terminate currect contract which required to pay the Termination charges.

So in another word, the Early Recontract fee, after completed the mandatory 12 months of contract is like paying for termination fees.

Hence, any customers after completed 12 months of contract, could do the Early Recontract and paying the fees of $300.

Basically this is about Early Recontract fees, and not related to Hubber benefit on "Annual Upgrade handset".

This is my opinion.

Alumni (Retired)

@lyndonchua wrote:

Hi @Santosh Rai@ and @eric3743,

The following threads seem to suggest otherwise:

http://community.starhub.com/t5/Mobile-Plans-and-Rates/Downgrading-of-Mobile-Plan-during-Early-Recon...

http://community.starhub.com/t5/Mobile-Plans-and-Rates/Downgrade-penalty-for-early-recontract/m-p/11...

Can you clarify/update these threads to confirm there is no penalty? tks.

Hi @lyndonchua,

Thanks for highlighting the thread with regards to downgrade of fees, which i will correct it.

As per stated in my earlier reply, downgrade of plan is allowed during point of recontract. 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Alumni (Retired)

@eric3743 wrote:

Hi  @lyndonchua

For any info from the forum, it may not be correct &or acceptable as true &or accurate.

Most of my statements were from previous source, either Starhub.com or this forum.

After reading @Santosh Rai  statement, i had to check on the Termination charges.

To me, i would say that Starhub did misled on this Early Recontract issue.

By paying $300 for Early Recontract fees, (with or without Hubber benefit) is almost the same as termination charges.

It would be like in this way;

Terminate currect contract which required to pay the Termination charges.

So in another word, the Early Recontract fee, after completed the mandatory 12 months of contract is like paying for termination fees.

Hence, any customers after completed 12 months of contract, could do the Early Recontract and paying the fees of $300.

Basically this is about Early Recontract fees, and not related to Hubber benefit on "Annual Upgrade handset".

This is my opinion.

Hi @eric3743,

Early termination fees varies according to the plan that you are on and in most case the early termination fees is higher than the early recon fees of $300 at the 13mths of your 24months contract.

For example, the early termination fees of 4G4 at 13 months is at $428.00 and for 4G3 is $321.00.

Hope this clarifies. 

Thanks