Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Complaint

Hi,

The roadshow at the Suntec IT Show this year had really given me an experience that I had never expect to go through when recontracting with Starhub. And it also made me realised that for customer who are under their Home Hubber Plans which provided the whole household services, They will sure to be disappointed when they need to call their Customer Service Hotline, as the enquiries for each service they will have to choose the different customer service option. Let me tell you the full story that I had encountered.

Previously I was under their Home Hubber Plans, my home is using their Fibre Broad Band 200mbps, Digital Voice, Cable TV Service and Moblie Phone Line with 700min Talktime and 6GB Data (Smart SurfXXX). The whole service cost me around $180 a month if mobile not overused.

Recently I received a $200 Starhub Recontract Voucher so I proceed to the IT Show thinking that they might have a better promotion package comparing to the retail outlets. But in fact I don't really see much differ as I already had a $200 off if I recontract.

So everytime when I recontract, my practice I will usually seek the advice from their counter staff to check my current needs and advise me which plan should I go for. As my family does not use the Cable TV often so we actually wanted to cancel it if that could reduce our monthly spending.

The Staff who attend to us made a comparision, and I was actually told HomeHub Go1000 saves me much more and has more services compared to me recontracting 4G 6 and 1Gbps Fibre Broadband. The only concern was the mobile phone line for Homehub Go1000 only has 1Gbps but there is a promotion for the additional data bundle at $3 for 3Gb. So end up I sign up for the HomeHub Go1000 add a 6gb data and got a Note5 paying less than $50.

Through our conversation and from the staff at the counters beside we understand that most of them at the roadshows are their personnel from the technical team and they are not very well trained about the services or package plan. 

After making the payment and collected everything while I was walking to look for food to fill up my stomach, I browsed through the contract and found out that my additional 6gb cost me more than what I was told and if I leave with it the monthly payment for my Starhub bills will be like around $200, so I immediately went back and asked again if that is correct.

So after knowing that the information given to us is incorrect, I immediately requested them to void that HomeHub Contract as that is not my initial plan to recontract and be paying that much every month. So they grant my request and asked another Staff to attend to me as the previous staff are not as knowledgable in the products.

And so I was advised to recontract under 4G 6 and also recontract with Fibre Broadband 1Gbps which cost me around $150 for both. And also the Note5 I will not need to pay and they will refund me the payment I previously did. After I sign the new contract, I rushed off for my very late dinner which is around 10.45pm worrying most of the shops there might be closed. I even requested them just refund the $40+ into my next Starhub Bill as I have to wait very long to collect the cash there and I also don't know why.

So when I got home I realised some things I am still not very clear on, example does my Fibre Broadband comes with home phone line? So I called 1633 to enquire I choose the General enquiries and the Customer Service Staff told me that my current Home Line is still on going, So is my Broadband, Cable TV and there is a new Fibre Broadband and a Simcard with Mobile Broadband and Mobile Account which my phone is using. The first thing I was like so that means the coming bill I will be charged with all that? And the Staff told me he was not able to check and told me the each service I got to call 1633 and opt for the different customer service to enquire.

So I wonder HomeHub is a bundle plan and it has different customer service for each services it provide. So do I really have to call all the department to check on whether do I have that service and will I be charged? And that was really not practical at all.

The whole experience really damaged your company branding and service quality image. I still have not call the 1633 to check for each service as this will really take up alot of my time. I hope if there is a better idea for me to check everything in 1 go please feel free to comment. I had been a Starhub User since they started and they had made me sick of their poor quality of service standard with all those experience. Hopefully 1day they will ask a cleaner to start in as accountant and mess up the bills just like technician start in as Counter Service Staff.

Regards

HW

15 REPLIES 15
Grand Guru

Re: Complaint

Hi  @anghanwei

I do not like to do any sign up for new services in all Events.

There was this incident that occurred a few years ago at a Events &or IT Show.

I intend to sign up for a TV Service.

At the point of input my NRIC to check on my status, i felt that something is not right.

That staff called for the Supervisor, and that supervisor call Starhub.

At that point, i realises that they were not Starhub staff but they may be Exclusive Retailers staff.

That is not the 1st time i encountered when i sign up for mobile service.

That exclusive retailer staff had charged me higher than any &or nearby retailer.

Making a complain, it end up without any reply.

While on this forum, there are people complaining that their appt made while in Events are not delivered.

Do note that it is very common for Company(s) to rely on 3rd party.

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hello @anghanwei,

Our customer service team has reached out to you last week and have manage to speak with you on Friday, however thereafter they are unable to reach you.

The team will once again attempt to contact you today. 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Ok Great Thanks
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

I think I will need your Custmer Service Staff to call me back again. Previously my Mobile and the rest of the service had 2seperate billing account. After everything had been clarify I only recieved 1bill which has all my services in it. I dun think I opt for that. And the 60+ dollars in my Mobile account its in it but they r using the broadband account to bill me. Such a mess doing this recontract thingy. Creating such inconveniency is really disappointing.
Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Bloody hell StarHub really sucks big time. Tell me they doing maintenance work then this morning Internet not working I called their staff made me wait 10 min in the end nothing is solved. **bleep**ing useless staff, hate talking to those India call Centres they can't **bleep**ing talk
Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Re: Getting back refund is SO HARD! Mistakes

If I were you I will **bleep** THE DAYLIGHT OUT OF THOSE MORONS CALL THEM UP STRAIGHT AND GIV THEM A GOOD **bleep** DONT CARE IF IT MAKE SENSE JUST DO IT CUSTOMERS WHO PAY ARE THE BIGGEST SHOW SOME **bleep** RESPECT AND SOLVE PROBLEMS NOT HERE TO MAKE US SOLVE OUR OWN PROBLEMS **bleep**

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

@anghanwei wrote:
I think I will need your Custmer Service Staff to call me back again. Previously my Mobile and the rest of the service had 2seperate billing account. After everything had been clarify I only recieved 1bill which has all my services in it. I dun think I opt for that. And the 60+ dollars in my Mobile account its in it but they r using the broadband account to bill me. Such a mess doing this recontract thingy. Creating such inconveniency is really disappointing.

Hi @anghanwei,

We have alerted our customer support team to look into your billing and get back to you accordingly.

Thanks 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Hi Mr Santosh Rai,

Your Customer Support Team took 1mth+ to react to your request for relationship recovery or did they even do anything about it? Thats really ridiculous for such a big brand to have such "well trained" Support Teams. From the day you reply me that your team will get in contact with me till now, seriously speaking I did not recieve any calls from them, I am still waiting to see what effort Starhub and its team will be making on the recovery.

The reaction your customer service made is making things worst, from the last bill I had only made payment for my Cable TV, Broadband and Home Line. Please make sure ur team study my bills before they call. Be a professional in what they are appoint to do, My mobile service I am not making any payment as its incorrect since I recntracted last mth. I did sound out immediately, its ur side did not react accordingly. As for this month bill I will still be doing the same until my mobile service billing is in place or should I say until ur guys contact me and rectify the issue. Please do take note that the outstanding amount will cause service disruption, and I dun think I need to remind you if my service had been disrupted due to ur side not providing a proper recovery will be very embarrassing for you. And if the disruption cause me any inconveniences, the next post it wont be in this forum. Posting here means giving you a chance for recovery, since you don't need it then just dun bother to embarrasse yourself.
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hello @anghanwei

Sorry to hear that till date your issue has not been resolved.

I have nudge the internal team and chasing them from my end to contact you soon.