GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i switch my old Homehub plan to the new one with the Entertainment Pack?

Valued Contributor

Can i switch my old Homehub plan to the new one with the Entertainment Pack?

12 REPLIES 12
Community Manager

Re: Can i switch my old Homehub plan to the new one with the Entertainment Pack?

Hi ChongTang,

Simply check out your eligibility via https://www.starhub.com/personal/store/homehub.html to understand if you're able to recontract onto the new plans. Smiley Happy 

- Jackson
Valued Contributor

Re: Can i switch my old Homehub plan to the new one with the Entertainment Pack?

Hi Jackson,

The page shows:

Your current plan(s)
HomeHub Plus
Due for Recontract on 28 June 2020

Subscription status
  • Not eligible to Recontract now
  • Eligible to upgrade to HomeHub with a higher broadband speed or HomeHub Go*.
  • Eligible for new subscription

The reason why I ask is because Starhub has rolled out the new Entertainment Pass plans (New Scheme) to replace the old Basic Groups and Add-On Packs/Channel plans (Old Scheme), and per the Entertainment Pass FAQ: https://www.starhub.com/personal/support/services-and-plans/entertainment-getting-started/starhub-en...

3/15
I am a current StarHub TV customer on contract. Am I able to sign up to the StarHub Entertainment Pass?

Yes! All customers, regardless of whether new or existing, will be able to enjoy the benefits of the new StarHub Entertainment Pass.

So even if you are currently serving a contract on your existing StarHub TV subscription, you can readily change out to StarHub Entertainment Pass without incurring any early termination charge.

To do so, you can simply recontract to a corresponding StarHub Entertainment Pass of the same contract duration as per your current contract to start enjoying the benefits that come with the all new StarHub Entertainment Pass. (e.g. If you are currently on a 24-month contract, you can still choose to change out to a StarHub Entertainment Pass with a 24-month contract)

Do note that in doing so (i.e. switching from StarHub TV Plan to StarHub Entertainment Pass), any promotions that you might be enjoying on your current StarHub TV subscription will be discontinued.

Also, please note of that some channels currently offered as part of your StarHub TV subscription may not be available under the StarHub Entertainment Pass. So, do check out before you make the change. (Refer to Answer to Question 10 for list of channels)

So it is clear that for TV subscribers with an ongoing contract on the old scheme, they can choose to change out to the new scheme, but it is not clear whether a similar arrangement can be offered to HomeHub subscribers, which is essentially Fibre Broadband + TV Bundled.

I do see that the new Entertainment Pass scheme is something I would love to try out so I am asking.

Grand Guru

Hi  ChongTang,

Suggest you to visit Starhub shop, as stated in 9/15, to discuss with the Sales staff based on your subscription, on whether it will be Upgrade Or Recontract options.

In your case you may refer to > HomeHub Plus - which Starhub TV plan change to Starhub Entertainment Pass.

Do note that some of the benefits would be removed and/or free items may not be applicable.

i am not starhub staff.

Community Manager

Hi ChongTang

Thank you for your interest. Please drop me a PM with your registered name, registered mobile number, Hub ID/email address and service address (including postal code and unit numbers) by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message <  for me to assist you better.

Thank you.

- Jackson
Community Manager

Hi eric3743

Thank you for the information as always. Much appreciated! Smiley Happy 

- Jackson
Respected Commentator

Hi Jackson, I'm having the same issue as above fellow subscriber.

Also, additional query, for each entertainment passes, we are not sure what channels are in there.

Especially the English Entertainment and the Asian Entertainment.

I'm currently subscribed to VVDRAMA Pack as well, Ch 857 is my regular VOD go to for HK TVB dramas, is this available if say we switch to the new passes?

We might need to get 2 passes, English and Asian entertainment...

Thanks.

Highlighted
Grand Guru

Hi  @faustinet3 

Please refer to > Starub Entertainment Passes  and do explore for more details.

Below there are listed all the 7 Entertainment Passes and do click "Find out more" on each Pass for detail listing of channels.

For further details do scroll to "Want even more content?" for more info.

There is an > Add-On Channels  - for additional channels/packs; example TVB Jade & VOD.

i am not starhub staff.

Community Relationship Manager

Hi faustinet3, we're checking internally and will get back to you regarding the switch. 

The channel listings for each entertainment pass can be found here: http://www.starhub.com/personal/for-your-home/entertainment/passes.html

Ch857 Hub VVDrama is included in the Asian Pass. Smiley Happy 

You'll be given 1 entertainment pass under the new HomeHub Plus bundle and you can add on passes at just $17.90/month for each pass you add on. You can switch out, add, remove passes at anytime you like. 

-Jolene 

Respected Commentator

Thanks Jolene.

I'm asking for both residential, one is under my Husband name, and another under my own name. Both also similar Home hub.

There's also a third household under my husband name, which is my mother in law's place which just gotten the fibre tv switch with free broadband, for that kind of plan, is it still eligible for switching to the Entertainment pass system?