StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The value of being a Hubber

Respected Commentator

The value of being a Hubber

Under previous managements, Starhub has been the pioneer of hubbing (consolidating many different services into 1). After all these years, it seems hubbing is no longer a priority to Starhub. I was asked to de-bundle my HomeHub Go plan from the HomeHub last year. This year as I enquire on the recontract eligibility, I was informed HomeHub Go is no longer offered. There is no point to keep all services under Starhub anymore. They have no alternative other than to shuve us back to the low data plans that they have without considering some of us don't need that free weekend data at all. I wonder what happen to the care and priority treatment given to Hubbers when Starhub started 18 years ago - it's all now gone. Disappointing developments under the new management.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: The value of being a Hubber

I agree. Gone are the days Starhub try to convince customers to use bundled services.
Community Manager

Hi jaY BuBo

We hear you and we're in the midst of reviewing all our bundles and packages at this time. We totally get where you're coming from and believe us, we're trying to give our customers more value for their money too.

Please be patient with us during this difficult time and rest assured we'll provide updates once this period is over.

- Amy
Respected Commentator

Hi Amy,

Believe me too I want to stay with Starhub if I could. While Starhub is trying to figure things out and restructuring, the least Starhub could do is to let us remain as our current plans as it is. You take away the value and you expect customers to stay - that is how we perceive as complacency.

You lost EPL, Discovery and loads more in the past decade but most of us still stayed on. The value has eroded already back then. This is like the final salvo. While you ask that us be patience, the clock of our contracts have already expired and with no good deals in sight, there isn't anything to pull us back from signing to another telco with a better deal.

I ask that Starhub management not be complacent with customers and their staff alike. Don't be like that red umbrella that refuses to hear the rumbling on the ground just because they think all customers and companies have to use them. I recall Starhub's first slogan - Power to the People.

Community Manager

Hey jaY BuBo

Trust me, we have heard you. I also understand your frustration. 

If in a month's time we still don't have anything that appeals to you, I can only apologize. Just stay with us for a few more weeks. 

Thank you.

- Jackson
Trusted Contributor

Then what is we missed out on a better deal from another Telco just because we waited for Starhub?

Is starhub going to only say Sorry and thats all?

Respected Commentator

Not nice to shoot the messenger leh. Haha. They are bounded by what they are given. But it's true, given the toss between going for something better that's already out there vs staying for something better but unknown, others would just leave. So, yea, I've made preparation to leave should it need to be triggered. But Starhub has almost a month to show us what they are capable of.
Respected Commentator

Community Manager

Hey jaY BuBo

I sincerely appreciate your understanding of our circumstances.

Right now, StarHub is moving quickly onto something bigger. And even for us, we can only wait. But once it is out, we'll be more than happy to share the changes.

Our first big step is here, with changes to our mobile plans. http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile.html?icid=int-31B-StarHubCM-201808-cm-prodSer

We’re doing away with all activation charges. Yep, that’s right. What you get is what you pay for. No contracts, no hidden fees. Prefer to get the latest handsets at a discount? Simply top up $25 per month to enjoy. The first 10,000 customers get free 10GB every month on our new plans. Goodbye hard choices, hello simple plans.

If you can hold on for just a little longer, more changes will come. Smiley Happy

Thank you.

- Jackson
New Commentator

Dear Starhub,

As a loyal Starhub customer for more than 15 years, I encounter a number of unpleasant service from Starhub and I really think of switching to other ISP. Take the current $25 sim only plan which starhub is advertising which I got to know that it does not apply to customer, like me, using a SIM only plan and switching to another SIM only plan. Should this promotion apply to all customer, including loyal customer like me ? At the end, I was offer a 6 months free 10GB , instead of 12 months as advertised, after logging my feedback through 3 calls. Starhub TV also keep changing the TV channel which make it less attractive to Singtel. Please review and improve your service, and should Starhub have specially promotion/privillege for loyalty customer ?

Everyone's Tags (1)