Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service personnel giving wrong information

SOLVED
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Customer service personnel giving wrong information

I went to the Starhub shop at Nex on 9th April 2019 as I wanted to recontract from Home Hub 1000 to Home Hub Plus. The account is in my wifes name so i brought an authorisation letter as well as a photocopy of her NRIC. I met a CSO named Tommy and he told me about the various options i had. I decided to come back another day as i needed to discuss the various options with my wife. I asked Tommy if the authorisation letter and photocopy of my wifes NRIC were sufficient to recontract when i came back after a few days and he said yes.

On 12th april I went back to the shop at Nex and was served by a CSO named Christopher. He took the authorisation letter, photocopy of my wifes NRIC and my original NRIC and started processing the recontract. After a few minutes he asks me for my wifes original NRIC and i said i did not have it which is why i had given him the photocopy. I also told him that 3 days earlier i had been told by another CSO that the photocopy of NRIC was sufficient. He insisted on the original NRIC or to speak to my wife for veriifcation. I told him that it was very difficult to contact my wife as she needs to turn her phone off at work. Christopher then told me that he could not process the recontract.

I requested to speak to his supervisor, so that i could ask why Starhub CSOs had different documentation requirements. Christopher said that he could not allow it.

I had a feeling that i had met Christopher previously and when i returned home, i checked a recontract service agreement that i had done for my sister in law on 22nd March 2019. I had recontracted on her behalf a switch from cable to fibre services. I had produced a photocopy of her NRIC as well as a authorisation letter. The name of the CSO on the agreement was Christopher and on that occassion he had accepted the photocopy of her NRIC.

I would like someone from Starhub to explain how the same CSO can change his document requirements within 3 weeks.

Are Starhub CSOs allowed to change the document requirements as they please??     

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Customer service personnel giving wrong information

Hi pbj1985

I apologize for any confusion caused. I see that you've PMed us, but for ease of access next time round, you can PM us by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message <.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy 

- Jackson
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Hi pbj1985, we apologize on this inconvenience. Please PM us with the account details https://bit.ly/2S5w5qq , we'll check with the shop. 

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

Attn : debbiefa Community Manager

I tried to send a PM to you but was not successful.

Received this message from the system.

• One or more of these members do not have private messages enabled. Their names have been removed from the Send to list.
  • Please advise how i can PM you.
  • Thanks.
Community Manager
Solution

Hi pbj1985

I apologize for any confusion caused. I see that you've PMed us, but for ease of access next time round, you can PM us by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message <.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy 

- Jackson