Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre connectivity and wireless connectivity between STB (set top box) and TV

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Fibre connectivity and wireless connectivity between STB (set top box) and TV

2 REPLIES 2
Valued Commentator

Re: Fibre connectivity and wireless connectivity between STB (set top box) and TV

Hi All,

My present setup is as follows and I am looking to switch to starhub but want to ensure that i can achieve the desired connectivity.

Termination Point (TP - in utility room) --> Optical network Terminal (Utility room) --> 8 port gigabit switch (utility room) --> 2 CAT 7 cables from switch one going to living room on level 1 router and other one going to router on level 2  --> Living room router connectes to set top box.

I am moving my TV to different location in living room and does have the phyical wired connectivity to new location of TV and below is my thought process when I move to starhub

Connect the CAT 7 cable coming from optical network terminal port 2 to set top box in living room. Is there a way to achieve wireless connectivity between Set top box and TV or any other way I can achieve this connectivity without running a new physical wire connection?

For internet, i am thinking about connecting the 2nd CAT 7 cable to router on level 2 and create a mesh from there on.

Need thoughts on following

1) Is there a way to achieve wireless connectivity between Set top box and TV or any other way I can achieve this connectivity without running a new physical wire connection?

2) How can home phone line connectivity?

Thanks,

Community Manager

Re: Fibre connectivity and wireless connectivity between STB (set top box) and TV

Hi prisunraj, PM us with your account details to look into this, https://bit.ly/2S5w5qq   

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is