cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber Termination for multiple fiber lines

SOLVED
New Commentator

Fiber Termination for multiple fiber lines

I live in a condo building and we have several providers who want to install fiber into the units.  We want to avoid having a bunch of fiber termination points stuck to the walls of the units.  Is there a way to get all the fiber providers to use the same termination point in a unit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grand Guru
Solution

Re: Fiber Termination for multiple fiber lines

Hi,

Fibre Terminal Point (FTP) is install by NetLink Trust (NLT) is the only in-charge.

Hence only NLT can able to provide when necessary as there is cost involved for additional FTP,

Therefore ISP do not do any installation of FTP without NLT approval.

Do check on your coverage here! and if you have any queries regarding to this write to;

> NetLink Trust for more info.

In each FTP there can have 2 ISP service installed.

Hence if you want to have fibre broadband for 2 ISP, both will be installed & use that single FTP.

There are a lot of users using 2 ISP nowadays.

The 2nd FTP will be based if there are enough capacity available for that location.

Usually this is not an issue but it may take time to resolve if this happen at your location.

i am not starhub staff.

1 REPLY 1
Grand Guru
Solution

Re: Fiber Termination for multiple fiber lines

Hi,

Fibre Terminal Point (FTP) is install by NetLink Trust (NLT) is the only in-charge.

Hence only NLT can able to provide when necessary as there is cost involved for additional FTP,

Therefore ISP do not do any installation of FTP without NLT approval.

Do check on your coverage here! and if you have any queries regarding to this write to;

> NetLink Trust for more info.

In each FTP there can have 2 ISP service installed.

Hence if you want to have fibre broadband for 2 ISP, both will be installed & use that single FTP.

There are a lot of users using 2 ISP nowadays.

The 2nd FTP will be based if there are enough capacity available for that location.

Usually this is not an issue but it may take time to resolve if this happen at your location.

i am not starhub staff.