cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Mesh to current network

New Commentator

Connect Mesh to current network

Hi all

I hv just purchased Asus Lyra Trio 3 nodes Mesh. I hv some qns on connecting it to my current router which is under Homehub with 1000Mbps fibre broadband.

1) Can i still set the Asus Lyra Trio as router mode instead of AP mode when it is connected to EA7100. If yes, can help to advise how is the setting to be done? Understand that in router mode, it will have parental ctrl, AIProtection,....etc but AP mode does not have tat.

2) after setting up the main node to EA7100, can i connect the 2nd node using LAN as this node is to be placed in master room which i hv access to network point fr the current router. My concern is if i connect using wireless, there is no line of sight not too sure if the wifi strength will be good. For 3rd node, can it be connected by wireless if 2nd node is connected by LAN as mentioned above. This 3rd node will be in another room but do not have any network point. So gotta be wireless connection.

This is my 1st encounter with mesh network and am kinda blur on this. Hope can help me on the above queries.

Thank you very much.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: Connect Mesh to current network

Hi maxngck, thanks for contacting us. As this requires us to refer to
your account details, we are unable to assist you here on StarHub
Community. Please direct your query over to Facebook messenger
(http://m.me/starhub) or Twitter Direct Message
(https://twitter.com/StarHubCares) so that we can log a case for
you and respond to you there. Thank you!

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is