GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM Support for iPhone XS & Apple Watch Series 3 / 4

Senior Commentator

Re: eSIM Support for iPhone XS & Apple Watch Series 3 / 4

I have decided to early Termination the.mobile line due to.starhib unable support the esim.

Administrator

Sorry to hear that, @onesimuslee

I know you all have seen this reply many times but I want to confirm that, at this point in time, we are still in talks with Apple. 

Out of curiosity, I went to search on Apple Support website and found the list of supported carriers for eSIM on iPhone XS / XS Max and there were only a handful. None of the Singapore carriers are on the list yet. 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@Howard Toh

" I have been corresponding with the people in charge over the weekend [...] let me get back to you as soon as I have anything concrete to share. " - Howard Toh

I know you all have seen this reply many times but I want to confirm that, at this point in time, we are still in talks with Apple. " - Howard Toh

Is this your idea of a concrete reply?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

As an Apple Watch user myself, I am just as impatient to know more! " - Howard Toh

" Out of curiosity, I went to search on Apple Support website and found the list of supported carriers for eSIM on iPhone XS / XS Max and there were only a handful. None of the Singapore carriers are on the list yet. " - Howard Toh

SingTel has been a launch partner for the Apple Watch Series 3 & 4 Cellular versions. As a self-proclaimed Apple Watch user and implied enthusiast, did you not know the Apple Watch uses eSIM for LTE connectivity? See https://www.apple.com/sg/watch/cellular/ - you see SingTel on the list of supporting carriers, yes? Do you see Starhub there? NO!

Look at the subject of this post - it says eSIM support for iPhone XS AND Apple Watch Series 3 / 4. SingTel has been ahead of Starhub in this regard and I have no doubt once iOS 12.1 is pushed out enabling eSIM support for the iPhone XS, SingTel will support it before Starhub does.

Unless you are willing to be on record stating Starhub will be ready the same day SingTel is. If not, don't you think it is lame and irresponsible to try to paint SingTel as equally unready as a sorry excuse for Starhub's lack of support for the technology?

" I am not from Customer Support but I manage and run this community forum (thus my title as Administrator). " - Howard Toh

If you are not from Customer Support, I don't see why you should see fit to speak on their behalf. Especially if you are going to give the same non-concrete, non-answers?

" My automatic signature has been there since 2012 and it is so because I do engage with users on the forum on non customer service questions as well. " - Howard Toh

Then create and post with another account when you feel like chatting and expressing your own opinions. Your signature is a nightmare mess of mixed messages on an 'Adminstrator' account - it's telling me I'm a Starhub employee, and a Certified Community Manager at that, but I may or may not speak on behalf of Starhub, and by the way, here's a link to my resume.

Do you often see your colleagues including a link to their resumes in their correspondences, public or otherwise?

As made abundantly clear in previous posts, we are STILL awaiting an actual response on what Starhub's plans for eSIM implementation are, i.e. Q4 2018, 1H2019?? iPhone XV??? Apple Watch Series 10????

Information without which us as customers cannot:

1) Properly plan our purchases - should I get the Apple Watch Series 4 Cellular version or not? Will it even be supported before the Series 5 debuts?? Or will Starhub decide to skip it entirely as it did the Series 3 - in spite of promises made that support will come soon???

2) Make informed decisions on recontract - or seek early termination waiver for Starhub’s refusal to support an increasingly mainstream feature and port out to SingTel who already supports eSIM.

No business teams work without a plan or target. Are you telling us the team concerned have to wait for daily horoscopes to decide on their next course of action?

@Fattkeong89 @onesimuslee @dhruv1 @bbgurl312 @Mingness @Rob M @Desmd_Tan @Kentwk 

Administrator

@JayK

My previous comment was addressing eSIM on iPhone XS / XS Max only and my reference was https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT209096 

If I have referred to the wrong page, please let me know. 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Esteemed Commentator

I don’t get why you are getting so worked up over what the Administrators have replied.

Obviously such commercial decisions require long negotiation time and can’t be decided overnight. The fact that the Administrators and managers are replying to this post is showing their emphaty to us, the consumers. 

They are not in the liberty to provide a concrete answer but don’t want to leave you hanging because of your rediculous expectations, hence the ‘non-concrete’ reply. 

I mean, stand in the shoes of any employer of a corporation. Have some emphaty. 

Lastly, use your brain.

@JayK wrote:

@Howard Toh

" I have been corresponding with the people in charge over the weekend [...] let me get back to you as soon as I have anything concrete to share. " - Howard Toh

I know you all have seen this reply many times but I want to confirm that, at this point in time, we are still in talks with Apple. " - Howard Toh

Is this your idea of a concrete reply?

As an Apple Watch user myself, I am just as impatient to know more! " - Howard Toh

" Out of curiosity, I went to search on Apple Support website and found the list of supported carriers for eSIM on iPhone XS / XS Max and there were only a handful. None of the Singapore carriers are on the list yet. " - Howard Toh

SingTel has been a launch partner for the Apple Watch Series 3 & 4 Cellular versions. As a self-proclaimed Apple Watch user and implied enthusiast, did you not know the Apple Watch uses eSIM for LTE connectivity? See https://www.apple.com/sg/watch/cellular/ - you see SingTel on the list of supporting carriers, yes? Do you see Starhub there? NO!

Look at the subject of this post - it says eSIM support for iPhone XS AND Apple Watch Series 3 / 4. SingTel has been ahead of Starhub in this regard and I have no doubt once iOS 12.1 is pushed out enabling eSIM support for the iPhone XS, SingTel will support it before Starhub does.

Unless you are willing to be on record stating Starhub will be ready the same day SingTel is. If not, don't you think it is lame and irresponsible to try to paint SingTel as equally unready as a sorry excuse for Starhub's lack of support for the technology?

" I am not from Customer Support but I manage and run this community forum (thus my title as Administrator). " - Howard Toh

If you are not from Customer Support, I don't see why you should see fit to speak on their behalf. Especially if you are going to give the same non-concrete, non-answers?

" My automatic signature has been there since 2012 and it is so because I do engage with users on the forum on non customer service questions as well. " - Howard Toh

Then create and post with another account when you feel like chatting and expressing your own opinions. Your signature is a nightmare mess of mixed messages on an 'Adminstrator' account - it's telling me I'm a Starhub employee, and a Certified Community Manager at that, but I may or may not speak on behalf of Starhub, and by the way, here's a link to my resume.

Do you often see your colleagues including a link to their resumes in their correspondences, public or otherwise?

As made abundantly clear in previous posts, we are STILL awaiting an actual response on what Starhub's plans for eSIM implementation are, i.e. Q4 2018, 1H2019?? iPhone XV??? Apple Watch Series 10????

Information without which us as customers cannot:

1) Properly plan our purchases - should I get the Apple Watch Series 4 Cellular version or not? Will it even be supported before the Series 5 debuts?? Or will Starhub decide to skip it entirely as it did the Series 3 - in spite of promises made that support will come soon???

2) Make informed decisions on recontract - or seek early termination waiver for Starhub’s refusal to support an increasingly mainstream feature and port out to SingTel who already supports eSIM.

No business teams work without a plan or target. Are you telling us the team concerned have to wait for daily horoscopes to decide on their next course of action?

@Fattkeong89 @onesimuslee @dhruv1 @bbgurl312 @Mingness @Rob M @Desmd_Tan @Kentwk 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

A newly registered account whose first post is to chide and demean another user.

I guess someone took the advice to create a separate account to express his personal opinions afterall.

PS. No one is demanding an answer overnight, customers have been asking for months.

PPS. Yes, empathy. Stand in the shoes of the customer. Have some empathy and stop giving canned responses which are not one bit helpful.

Esteemed Commentator

Yes, I had to register an account to post here. A friend of mine was asking me stuff about eSIM as well and hence i stumbled upon this site and this post. I don't know where you get the inference as to I created a separated account, I merely saw some unreasonable posts from you and felt like calling you out.

On a side note, I have done some research and found that eSIM for starhub is supported on Samsung Gear S3 but not on Apple watch and the new iPhones. Even Singtel doesn't support the new iPhones as well!

My guess is that either apple is trying to make eSIM something like CDMA which locks your phone to a telco (which is banned by IDA) or that they are trying milk more money from iSheeps like you by making you pay royalties and the telcos are fighting against it and hence the delay. I am certainly hoping for the latter for you iSheeps out there. I mean, look at the goddamn list of telcos supporting eSIM for iPhone. Only 10 countries support them and in each of them only a selected few telcos. These just shows (at least to me) how cruel apple is to the iSheeps.

Esteemed Commentator

@JayK wrote:

A newly registered account whose first post is to chide and demean another user.

I guess someone took the advice to create a separate account to express his personal opinions afterall.

PS. No one is demanding an answer overnight, customers have been asking for months.

PPS. Yes, empathy. Stand in the shoes of the customer. Have some empathy and stop giving canned responses which are not one bit helpful.

FYI you are the one that started the demeaning by giving sarcastic replies Smiley Happy  

dont get me wrong, i agree that starhub should implement eSIM soon. but the way u demand it by calling out their staff is just wrong. Unless you are a spoilt brat, im sure you worked for someone or an organisation before. they are simply not in the liberty to comment further. you are like demanding a timeline for a police investigation; which in this case is a negotiation with apple.

Valued Commentator

Ferrocene, what you said is utter nonsense. Apple's pushing eSIM exactly so that it is easier to switch between carriers. It is the telcos that fear such a move.

Isn't it funny (and oh-so-suspicious) for a guy who is supposedly also seeking an answer to Starhub's eSIM plans, to choose to bug a fellow commentator than join in asking Starhub for a straight answer?

How is this thread unreasonable, buddy? It is about the most articulate and clearly laid out I've seen!

Esteemed Commentator

I didn't say this thread is unreasonable, I am just pointing out some of the posts.

I dont know why you find what I posted so funny? maybe because i have nothing better to do now than to flame u sheeps Smiley Very Happy

who are you trying to relate me with anyway? this is so funny, didnt know i can impersonate people so easily.