cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM Support for iPhone XS & Apple Watch Series 3 / 4

Valued Contributor

Re: eSIM Support for iPhone XS & Apple Watch Series 3 / 4

Hi @Priya_R

Thank you for your PM. I refer to your message which I quote below for reference:

--------

You have received a private message in the StarHub Community.

Subject: Re: eSIM Support for iPhone XS & Apple Watch Series 3 / 4

Hi Kentwk

That's certainly no the way we want you to feel. Do let me know how I can assist you better.

-------------

Unfortunately, that IS the way StarHub is making all of us feel, that you guys are just avoiding the question and pushing us aside with a template answer to say you guys are working with Apple. Sure, continue to work with Apple to roll-out more products... But by when?

Why not you guys just come clean to say it's a business decision and it's not commercially viable to release eSIMs for iPhones and Apple Watch? Let us know and let us make the decisions.

Tell us, how StarHub intends to deal with the competition and work on the ageing Hubbing experience? Why not ask yourself that question, and let us know what you intend to do, instead of asking us how you guys can help? It may not be the intention to make us feel that way, but you know... that's exactly how many of us feel right now...

@Kentwk wrote:

Being a Hubber is no longer a great incentive. Tv channels going going and gone. Broadband prices are dropping like flies and competitors pricing are Super attractive. Mobile subscription prices also have became a lot more competitive. 

I think it is now very very clear that we should all go back, do our homework and see what’s really worth our money and time. 

-

Valued Contributor

@Priya_R@Amy_Law@Hanbali_N

3 working days since query first posted.

Still awaiting a satisfactory anwser in form of a concrete eSIM implementation timeline.

Will post followup every 3-5 days.

We are not letting this one go any more.

Valued Contributor

@Priya_R@Amy_Law@Hanbali_N

5 working days since query first posted.

Still awaiting a satisfactory anwser in form of a concrete eSIM implementation timeline.

Will post followup every 3-5 days.

We are not letting this one go any more.

- - - - 

Other unanswered posts:

E-sim (Sep 2018 @Fattkeong89)

https://community.starhub.com/t5/Postpaid/E-sim/m-p/162852

apple iphone xs max Esim (Sep 2018 @onesimuslee)

https://community.starhub.com/t5/Postpaid/apple-iphone-xs-max-Esim/m-p/162858

Apple Watch LTE (Aug 2018 @dhruv1)

https://community.starhub.com/t5/Others/Apple-Watch-LTE/m-p/161394

apple watch series 3 GPS and Cellular (Feb 2018 @bbgurl312)

https://community.starhub.com/t5/Others/apple-watch-series-3-GPS-and-Cellular/m-p/151765

e-sim (Dec 2016 @Mingness)

https://community.starhub.com/t5/Mobile/e-sim/m-p/137306

Senior Commentator

Is this issue can we report to IDA?

Alumni (Retired)

Hi Kentwk

We completely understand how you feel but we're unable to provide a definite timeline now as we're still in talks with Apple. Do stay tuned for updates. 

- Amy
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Amy_Law ( @Priya_R@Hanbali_N )

As the very first post already indicated, Apple Support says the hold-up is with Starhub. So please stop using the response of "we are still working / in talks with Apple" as an excuse - Apple says they are waiting for you to be willing to invest and update your infrastructure to fully support eSIM.

If Starhub is indeed "in talks with Apple", what is it regarding?-

Apple products are already out in the market, the Apple Watch Series 3, Series 4, the iPhone XSes. The hardware specs, supported LTE bands are all baked in. eSIM activation APIs are already provided in iOS as well.

Apple's eSIM implementation standards have been made known to telcos before the Series 3 was even launched.

As Apple support let on, they do not have an exclusive reseller contract with SingTel for the cellular Apple Watch products that is preventing Starhub from selling and supporting them too.

What then? Bulk purchase prices? If your business managers and negotiators can't work that out with Apple since the Series 3 launch over a year ago, why do they still have their job?

Or, could it be that Starhub's infrastructure is simply not ready yet - that your technology managers have been dragging their feet, or don't have the support of business managers to invest and update your systems to support the full suite of eSIM services (e.g. eSIM activations, eSIM port-in, eSIM roaming, etc).

Or that your business development / strategy departments just haven't figured out how best to price eSIM / Multisim services?

Please be honest.

As your customers have told you more than a dozen times now, telling us to "hang in there" "stayed tuned" with no indicative timeline (i.e. Q4 2018?, 1H 2019? 2020?? 2021??? iPhone XV??? Apple Watch Series 10????) is UNACCEPTABLE.

Can we decide to stop paying our bills and request for early termination waivers (for your refusal to support new technology as other telcos have) and tell you to "hang in there" till we feel like paying?

Senior Commentator

U all got actually call phone email and ask the people in charge and tell them how customers angry. Or just happily reply "sorry no updates" one ah?

Administrator

Hello everyone, 

I've seen the number of queries pertaining to eSIM and have personally sent this thread, especially, to the team in charge. At this point in time, we really do not have any updates but I have taken it upon myself to update everyone here if I have any news. 

As an Apple Watch user myself, I am just as impatient to know more! 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thanks @Howard Toh ( @Priya_R @Amy_Law @Hanbali_N ) for your reply, but you are STILL not answering our question.

We ask that you get the team in charge for an actual response on what their plans for eSIM implementation are, i.e. Q4 2018, 1H2019?? iPhone XV??? Apple Watch Series 10????

You promise to share when they have an update, but of course you would!

The request however is that you get from the team an actual timeline commitment - without which us as customers cannot:

1) Properly plan our purchases - should I get the Apple Watch Series 4 Cellular version or not? Will it even be supported before the Series 5 debuts?? Or will Starhub decide to skip it entirely as it did the Series 3 - in spite of promises made that support will come soon???

2) Make informed decisions on recontract - or seek early termination waiver for Starhub’s refusal to support an increasingly mainstream feature and port out to SingTel who already supports eSIM.

No business teams work without a plan or target. Are you telling us the team concerned have to wait for daily horoscopes to decide on their next course of action?

I appreciate your attempt at a display of empathy, but your sign-off signature is not appropriate - you either represent Starhub in your replies, or you should not post using an employee “administrator” account. If we wanted personal opinions we would have posted on HWZ or chatted on WhatsApp.

Still awaiting Starhub’s eSIM implementation plans.

Administrator

Hi @JayK

Thank you for your response. 

I am not from Customer Support but I manage and run this community forum (thus my title as Administrator). 

Due to recent high volume of queries, I have been trying to help in whatever ways I can. My automatic signature has been there since 2012 and it is so because I do engage with users on the forum on non customer service questions as well. 

Now back to what you feel about our handling of the eSIM situation. You have very valid points in your response and I really appreciate how important this is to you and the other customers. I have been corresponding with the people in charge over the weekend and I will continue to chase for an answer. 

Please let me get back to you as soon as I have anything concrete to share. 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy