cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apple watch series 3 GPS and Cellular

Trusted Commentator

Re: apple watch series 3 GPS and Cellular

Hi Starhub,

it has been more than 6 months since the Apple Watch 3 Cellular was launched.

At first I suspected it might have been an exclusitivity thing for Singtel but given how long it has been, the problem seems internal. 

Once and for all, could we ask you to just reclarify your position on whether this service will ever be offered? If not, just let us know and we will move accordingly.

Senior Contributor

I am probably moving on. My contract with StarHub is ending in one month time. Moving over to Singtel so that my Apple Watch can utilise the cellular data service.
Valued Commentator

I already gave up waiting and ported to Singtel...
Trusted Commentator

Ok Starhub, if you really have no info to respond with, how about just giving me a waiver of my early termination fee so that I can move to Singtel? 

Seriously, it is incredibly misleading and irresponsible to come out in Feb and announce to the press that you will be supporting the cellular function and then just keep quiet about it.

Trusted Commentator

Hi Priya,

what is the point of sending me a private message when I cannot reply directly to you. 

In response to the private message that you sent to me, which basically was that you did not want to over promise until there was a public announcement on the availability:

But the issue is that Starhub did announce publicly back in Feb.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/starhub-looking-to-also-offer-cellular-enabled-apple-...

I have honestly waited 7 months now and it’s unacceptable that I was misled to this extent. Will Starhub please consider letting me terminate my contract so that I can get Cellular on my Apple Watch. I did pay extra for this function on my Watch and am super pissed that I cannot use it. 

Alumni (Retired)

Apologies for sending the details via Private Message by overlooking on it. The link also advised that we would announce the details closer to launch date once we're ready. If you're still with a contract, terminating the contract before the end date will result in Early Termination Charges. 

Trusted Commentator

Hi Priya,

the article was from Feb 2018. Do you think a 7 month gap for a “coming soon” is reasonable? 

Once again, singtel had the service on day 1. Just admit it if you are never going to provide it or tell us when. 

Trusted Commentator

Hi Priya,

on a private message, you replied that you were going to reach out to the relevant team. 

And... you will come back with their response/ update within xx days?

Trusted Commentator

Hi Amy,

Responding to your private message since I could not reply to you either.

dont think you got the gist of the thread. 

We are upset that Starhub claimed to be offering the eSim / cellular service to complement the apple Watch 3 back in Feb.

It has been 7 months.

Senior Contributor

Hi

I have been receiving SMS and letters informing me that my CIS mobile line is due for recontract and I can get discount off when I recontract. 

I would like to check if there are any foreseeable plans for Starhub to offer eSIM service for Apple Watch and the upcoming iPhone XS, so that I can plan accordingly whether to stay with Starhub or with any teleco which offers this service that meets my needs.

Thanks!