StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apple watch series 3 GPS and Cellular

Alumni (Retired)

Re: apple watch series 3 GPS and Cellular

Hi flaminken, apologies, but there is no indicative date which I can share with you on this. 

Valued Commentator

Hi, it’s been a month since the post about ‘StarHub looking to offer cellular services for Apple Watch series 3’. By any chance is StarHub close to a commercial launch?

Community Manager

We've no details yet. Do stay tuned. 

- Amy
Valued Commentator

Almost 3 months later and still nothing from Starhub. Since I already have the cellular watch, it won’t be long before I switch to Singtel...

Alumni (Retired)

Hey Mcintst, so sorry to hear this. We definitely won't want to see you leave. Please stay tuned for more updates.

New Commentator

Hi, 

is it possible to buy the Apple Watch 3 GOS and cellular first from the Apple shop and when starhub launches the plan, we are able to get onto the plan with the purchased watch? 

Senior Contributor

Yes, you can buy the Apple Watch with Cellular and use it via Bluetooth. It will function exactly like the Apple Watch 2. When Starhub launches the service, you can then sign up to use the Cellular Service.

However, the only problem is wondering when Starhub will launch the service. I have bought the watch since launch early this year and there is no indicator. I just received a letter from Starhub that my mobile phone is completing the 24-month service and I can recontract. Most likely I will hop over to SingTel mobile so that I can use the celluar service on the Apple Watch.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi hclee01

We've yet to receive any updates on the launch as well. I hope you can hang in there and stay tuned for more updates. 

Senior Contributor

I believe it is not unreasonable for us to wait given that time is needed to sort out the implementation. But at the bare minimum, there should be a timeline given to the customers. I can't go on waiting for ages without any clue or expectations of when and what to expect. In time to come, Apple Watch 4 will be launching.

Esteemed Commentator

I also think that the Watch 4 will be launched before Starhub sorts out the implementation for the Watch 3 and that is quite embarrassing for Starhub. 

I’ve given up from buying the Watch 3 at this time and will wait for 4 and switch to Singtel in the meantime because the level of service Starhub provides is substandard and coupled with vague  communication to the customers.