GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPhone with scratch

Senior Commentator

New iPhone with scratch

Purchase a iPhone XS from starhub 7/12. Was asked to check but the scratch was not visible under their dim lights due to the phone is space grey. When I went home wanted to set up and under my table lamp there is a small slight scratch on the bezel of the back camera. 

Was told that no exchange is NOT allowed as I have “checked”

how can a brand brand new phone not cover by any exchange and return policy?! Ridiculous as Apple say I should seek exchange from the telco directly instead. 

Does it meant we should only get from Apple directly next time since telco don’t hold any responsibility ?

4 REPLIES 4
Alumni (Retired)

Re: New iPhone with scratch

Hi EthanD

Thank you for your feedback.

However, the handset was provided sealed and was opened in front of you without any tempering. This means the product has passed Apple's production and quality controls. 

If you've any issue with the handset itself, Apple will assist you to the full capacity under their limited warranty. Do head to their service centres at www.starhub.com/personal/support/locate-us/manufacturers-sc.html?icid=int-31B-StarHubCM-201808-cm-su....

- Amy
Senior Commentator

QC issue is common, and even Apple itself acknowledges that and would offer returns or exchange IF the phone is brought from their online store (I have spoken with Apple with transcript if you like to have it)

While, purchases from telco doesn’t allow any returns or exchange on QC issues. That further proves the point of the bad experience if you get a out of box damaged set. While the phone was requested to be inspected, how can we inspect everything in such short time and under your store lighting which is pretty dim.

Similar pass issues have happened yet you guys always mention about it being sealed.
https://community.starhub.com/t5/Handsets/I-am-treated-like-an-idiot-by-STARHUB-again/td-p/158861

The sealed is not even official shrink wrap by Apple but rather some seal that can be reattached back.
Senior Commentator

Double posted

Community Manager

Hi EthanD

I understand your concerns, however, StarHub does not do exchange once you have left the shop. At that point of time, it will be covered under manufacturer's warranty, as such, it is required that you head down to Apple Store for this.

To confirm your coverage, simply key in the serial number or IMEI on your iPhone on this page. https://checkcoverage.apple.com/sg/en/;jsessionid=node0ayy9sonzlocf1ttmgizu21snc4717690.node0. Once it is confirmed, head down to either
A.Lab @ PlazaSingapura #04-12B (Mon – Sun, 11am to 9pm) or
QCD @ Wheelock Place, #05-13/14 (Mon – Sun, 11am to 8pm).

Do be advise to retain your email/SMS on the proof of purchase as well. Do remember to bring the affected device to ensure that they will be able to replace/review for you on site. Hope this helps.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

- Jackson