StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch LTE

Senior Commentator

Apple Watch LTE

Hi, I can recontract my mobile plan this September. And as the new Apple Watch will be released this fall, I am considering to switch to Singtel since Starhub doesn’t provide LTE service on the Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular). Also, since February, Starhub claims it is planning to start the LTE service on the Apple Watch, and so I am in two minds at the moment. Should I wait till September when the new watch gets announced? Or directly switch to Singtel? Does Starhub plan to provide the LTE service on the Apple Watch? Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Apple Watch LTE

Hi dhruv1

We've no updates on this yet. Please stay tuned for more updates.

New Commentator

The "We've no updates on this yet. Please stay tuned for more updates" is the same response to this question in February by another poster. I would hope for some kind of update beyond this over 6 months. The implications are that Starhub has no plans to support the Apple Watch any time in the near future. 

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Yes, even I’ve been following this since February, and all that Starhub has officially said is that they are planning to provide LTE on the Apple Watch and more details will be announced at a commercial launch. Since then, this seems to be the status. It would be appreciated if Starhub can atleast let customers known if they’re keen on implementing the LTE service on the watch. This is really disappointing. Hoping for a positive response.

Trusted Commentator

Fwding from the other Apple lte thread where no one from Starhub has bothered to reply for 2+ weeks:

Ok Starhub, if you really have no info to respond with, how about just giving me a waiver of my early termination fee so that I can move to Singtel?

Seriously, it is incredibly misleading and irresponsible to come out in Feb and announce to the press that you will be supporting the cellular function and then just keep quiet about it.
Senior Commentator

Yes, I’m of the same view. If Starhub does not intend to provide the LTE service on the watch, it will be appreciated if Starhub lets us know about it. We, as customers have been loyal to the business since many years, and we demand an answer for this. Since February, there has been no public announcement of what’s going to happen. A positive response would be appreciated.

Valued Contributor

Yes, ever since the ammouncement last night on the new iphone and watch.... E-SIM

Starhub, we want your reply and commitment.

If not, You will need to provide free waiver for our termination fee, as you can no longer meet the service standard in the industries,

New Commentator

Yes. We have all been waiting for a year. Especially when Apple Watch Series 4 has just been introduced last week. Please, at least just give us some updates. It would be much appreciated