Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge: First Impressions
Hub Associate musicphotolife
Hub Associate
‎12-03-2016 09:20 AM
‎12-03-2016 09:20 AM

The new Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge is launched in Singapore market on 12 Mar 2016. Thanks to StarHub Community, I received the unit before the launch so that we could do an unboxing video.

Although the S7 edge appears similar to the S6 edge, it feels vastly different. I attribute that to:

- larger screen (5.5 vs. 5.1-inch)
- curved rear glass
- smoother and thinner aluminium frame without the bulge against the front and rear glass panels, giving the phone a wraparound feel

Other technical differences include:
- larger battery
- IP68 rated (able to submerge in water for up to 30 mins, but not for swimming or showering)
- improved camera specs for low-light photography (f/1.7)

The S6 edge+ is 5.7-inch, which means the S7 edge is the first 5.5-inch Samsung curved display smartphone, and I thought this is a fantastic size for people who do not like large phones. The phone is almost the same size as the HTC One M8 which houses a 5-inch screen.

As a first impression, I am wowed by the feel of the S7 edge. The slim bezel frame makes the phone feel thin on my palm. The front and rear glass panels further deceive my fingers that I am holding a piece of glass. The curved glass adds to the impression of beauty and grace. The phone really feels more premium, and with the long list of features, the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge 4G+ is finally worth its price tag.

If you were a Samsung S4 user and moved to other brands due to lacklustre S5 and S6, then it's time to move back to S7.

In my next review, I will share more about the user experience. Stay tuned.

Chester runs his own blog at http://musicphotolife.com.