StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V10: The Great just got better!

Android™ Expert

First of all, let’s get the specification of the phone away.

Key Specifications:

• Chipset: Qualcomm®Snapdragon™ 808 Processor with X10 LTE
  • Display: 5.7-inch Quad HD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440, 515ppi), 2.1-inch secondary display (160 x 1040)
  • Memory: 64GB eMMC ROM, 4GB LPDDR3 RAM / microSD slot
  • Camera: Rear 16MP with F1.8 Aperture / OIS 2.0 / Front 5MP Duo with F2.2 Aperture
  • Battery: 3,000mAh (removable)
  • Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
  • Size: 159.6 x 79.3 x 8.6 mm
  • Weight: 192g (with battery)
  • Network: 4G - LTE Cat6 (Up to 300Mbps)/ 3G -DC-HSPA+ (Up to 42Mbps)
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.1LE / NFC / USB 2.0
  • Colors: Ocean Blue, Modern Beige
  • Other: Manual Mode / Gesture Interval Shot / Quick Shot /32-bit DAC / shock resistant

LG V10 is a big and drastic improvement over the G4. While the core specifications remains largely the same, the other subtle changes actually made LG V10 the phone to go for now.

Display

Like the LG G4, LG V10 employs the IPS Quantum Display technology. You can expect vibrant and vivid colours from the device with high colour reproducibility and accuracy. To compliment the powerful display, LG V10 has the iconic secondary screen located at the top on the device.

02_Second-Screen_beige.png

While your device is locked, the secondary screen acts as a clock or you can simply display your signature. The secondary screen doubles up as a notification bar as well. Instead of the traditional notification LED, LG V10 uses the secondary screen to display notification. You will know exactly what kind of notification you have instead of using third party apps to configure the notification LED to blink to specific notification.

While the device is active, it acts as a shortcut to recent/favourite apps, notification for upcoming events, music player and more. It works with Spotify as well, which is a plus to me. It works as shortcuts/toggle within the camera app as well.  LG has really outdone themselves in this aspect. I would say this feature has given the LG V10 a whole lot of plus points.

Camera

The main camera in LG V10 is largely similar to LG G4. However, the front camera now packs a punch. Instead of having one front camera, LG V10 uses a dual front camera set up. This obsolete the requirement of wide angle lens while taking selfies. The 120° wide lens allows you to capture a large field of the background and taking wefies with more of your friends. You can also toggle between 120° wide angle or the standard 80° to fit to your requirements. I will upload some sample pictures which I will be taking during Chinese New Year!

03_Dual-Front-Cameras_beigeblue.png

For the main camera, LG V10 uses a new image processor and together with the OIS 2.0 technology, it is able to record images with more fluidic motions without motion blurs.

Design

Durable and Premium are two words that I would use to describe the LG V10. The frame is made of stainless steel 316L, and with its incorporation with the Dura Skin (back cover) and Dura Glass (display), it gives the LG V10 a premium look without compromising on the durability. To add on, the battery is replacable which is what you do not find in most of the flagship smartphones in the market now. It has everything that you need. Premium, Durable, replaceable battery, dual sim, dual display, fingerprint ID and micro SD card slot, what more can you ask for?

01_New-Premium-Look-and-Durable-Build_beige.png 11_Fingerprint-ID_beige.png

Audio

Audiophiles will love this feature. LG V10 supports high-quality audio formats such as flac, wav, etc. You can listen to music in the original Hi-Fi sound on this device. The LG V10’s 32bit Hi-Fi DAC delivers crisp and clear sound of your favourite music to your ears, even on live streaming music services.

10_32-bit-Hi-Fi-DAC_beige.png

Battery Life

I have been using the phone as my daily driver for about two weeks now. It last even longer than my Nexus 6 with frequent gaming. I could go on 1.5 days with a full charge! I would say that the software optimization LG has done to the V10 is really good and delivers awesome battery life. On top of that, the current promotion provides the users with an extra battery for double the battery life!

Promotion

Like the LG G4, LG has collaborated with Google with an amazing deal. LG G4 comes with google office pre-installed and an additional 100GB of storage on Google Drive free for two years! LG V10 will able be bundled with the LG V10 battery charging kit and a tempered glass screen protector (while stock last). Please do check with the store before making your purchase!

Pricing with StarHub on contract is $281 on 4G 4 with two years contract. (This is really cheap for a flagship smartphone)