GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How useful is S4 for business?

Android™ Expert

I travel for my business - is this a good phone?

Security
Security and management will be the utmost importance if you are using it for business.

I believe S4 will be a good phone to use for business travel, as it will be the 1st Samsung device to come equipped with its security application, Knox. Your corporate email, documents and business contacts are safely protected and separated from personal apps similar to Blackberry Balance system. Knox also come equipped with all the productivity apps with its own dedicated business apps, which you can expand via its app store.

This is a great solution if you would like to use one phone for both business and personal duties, but don't want to fret about the inherent risk of mixing the two.

(Video Source: Engadget)

Business card function
On a lighter note, S4 comes with an option to automatically put a copy of details from a photograph of a business card into the phone's contacts database or call a number in the business card. At least this function will allow you to store all the business card with you wherever you go.

S Translation
If you travel a lot, Samsung promised an instant translation between 10 different languages for certain applications, as well as a separate translation application on the device. The best thing is that you might not need to use data as most of the common words and phrases are inbuilt. This function might be useful to get yourself around the cities without trying to use sign language.

(Source: NLSamsungMobile)

Will i have problem with my bill to access emails and do internet surfing when I travel?

Roaming Plans

Like all smartphones , you can customize with your telco the different roaming plans. Starhub is having a promo for selected destination. If you often travel to these destinations you might want to take up a similar plan. I believe its quite cheap. http://www.starhub.com/content/mobile/roaming.html

Roaming appsRoaming apps

I personally like to call up the telco and ask for their advice regarding best roaming plans before travelling.

If you don’t want to risk an expensive bill you can activate Roam Manager (free) or Data Cap at $100.

My last resort will be using Prepaid card if you don’t travel that often.
If you have better roaming tips please share with us.

Where to get Samsung S4?

Samsung S4 will be retailing on the 27th April. Be one of the 1st to own it! Click here to find out more

http://yul000.wordpress.com/
6 Comments
Golden Guru
Can S4 be able to connect to a VGA cable for use with a projector for power point presentation. ?
Android™ Expert

I don't see why Samsung will discontinue this connection as s3 already have it. However I believe it's easier to connect via Bluetooth to the newer projectors that supports it. S4 is all about wireless connectivity.

New Commentator

Will S Translation in build more languages. 

Android™ Expert

S4 should be able to connect via VGA and HDMI with the required dongles Smiley Happy

Golden Guru
iPhone 5 just need a VGA adapter to Lightning. No extra software. Mirroring immediately once connect to projector. Can S4 do the same with an adapter.?
New Commentator

IR Blaster is a grea t feature which can be used for presentations... as most of our conference rooms now days have TV sets.