StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Energy Registration of Interest FAQs

Administrator

Green Energy Registration of Interest FAQs

How is StarHub able to provide Green Energy Plans?

The Energy Market Authority (EMA) of Singapore is opening up the electricity market to allow consumers such as yourself to enjoy more choices and flexibility in your electricity purchases.

StarHub is working with Sunseap to bring you cleaner energy at affordable prices. Sunseap is Singapore’s largest clean energy provider in Singapore and will power your home with a combination of locally produced solar power and conventional energy, depending on your selected plan.

What are the Green Energy plans?

Green Life Energy Plan
100% clean energy without paying extra

Find out more about our Green Life Energy Plan

Green Save Energy Plan
5% clean energy and save 20% on your electricity bills

Find out more about our Green Save Energy Plan

What are the benefits of switching to the Green Energy Plans?

All our energy plans come with a clean energy component that is generated from Sunseap’s portfolio of solar systems in Singapore.

Clean/green energy provides you with an avenue to do your part for the environment. You can reduce your carbon footprint and slow down the effects of global warming. Clean/green energy from Sunseap is competitively priced and is offered via electricity packages with different levels of clean energy to allow you to make a positive contribution to the environment.

Will there be power disruption?

There will be no disruption to your electricity supply as switching to Sunseap is purely administrative. The seamless transfer of your account to Sunseap is done electronically through the system managed by SP Group.

SP Group, as the transmission licensee, remains responsible for the physical delivery of electricity supply to your premises regardless of which retailer you choose. You will therefore continue to enjoy the same quality and reliability of electricity supply.

What is SP tariff?

The SP tariff refers to the default electricity tariff rate that all residential households pay, it changes every quarter based on the actual cost of electricity.  For the latest Singapore Power tariff, please refer to:  https://www.spgroup.com.sg/what-we-do/billing

How to Switch

Register your interest! If you are residing in Jurong with postal codes beginning with 60, 61, 62, 63, and 64, you will be able to switch to our Green Energy Plans from 1 April 2018 onwards. All other residents will be able to switch when the Open Electricity Market fully launches in the second half of 2018 *

In the meantime, we invite you to register your interest with us here. Stand a chance to win a brand new Samsung S9+ (64GB) when you register from now till 31 March!

*Based on available EMA Open Electricity Market launch information  

Register your Interest now!

What documents to I need to provide to switch?

You will need to provide the following:

1. Identification card (NRIC) or FIN pass
  2. Latest Singapore Power (SP) Bill, or SP Opening of Account Confirmation Letter (if you are a new SP account holder with no past bill)

Please note that the SP account holder must be present at sign up for our Green Energy Plans. Sunseap’s Energy Plan will be registered under the same SP Account holder and address shown on SP document, NRIC/FIN information must correspond to SP document provided.
Sign up is open to Jurong residents from 1 April onwards, in postal codes beginning with 60, 61, 62, 63 and 64 at participating shops below:

Bugis Junction

200 Victoria Street

#01-83/84

Singapore 188021

Operating Hours: 11:00am - 9:00pm (Daily)

Plaza Singapura

68 Orchard Road

#01-36

Singapore 238839

Operating Hours: 10:30am - 9:00pm (Daily)

Parkway Parade

80 Marine Parade Road

#B1-30/31/32

Singapore 449269

Tampines Mall

4 Tampines Central 5

#02-27/28

Singapore 529510

Operating Hours: 10:30am - 9:00pm (Daily)

Causeway Point

1 Woodlands Square

#03-07/08/09/10

Singapore 738099

Nex

23 Serangoon Central

#B1-66/67/68

Singapore 556083

Waterway Point

83 Punggol Central

#B1-27

Singapore 828761

Vivo City

1 HarbourFront Walk

#B1-05

Singapore 098585

Operating Hours: 11:00am - 9:30pm (Weekday), 10:30am - 9:30pm (Weekend/Public Holiday)

Westgate

3 Gateway Drive

#03-28

Singapore 608532

Why do you need my Singapore Power (SP) bill?

Your Singapore Power (SP) bill is required during your sign-up process with Sunseap so that your SP account details may be captured to ensure a successful transfer of your account from SP Group to Sunseap.

Why do I have to pay a deposit? I have already paid a deposit to Singapore Power!

The deposit you previously paid your current electricity provider (i.e. Singapore Power) will not be transferred to Sunseap Energy when you switch providers. The deposit you pay for Sunseap Energy services is for your energy services with us. SP still requires a deposit for your other services with them e.g. Water, Gas. 

How much is the deposit?

If you are an existing SP account holder, the deposit amount will be based on the last eletricity bill amount. Do note that this is not the total amount reflected in your SP bill but only the electricity portion! 

Last Electricity Bill Amount Deposit Amount
$0.01 - $30 $30
$30.01 - $40  $40
$40.01 - $50 $50
$50.01 - $70 $70
$70.01 - $90 $90
$90.01 - $110 $110
$110.01 - $130 $130
$130.01 - $200 $200
$200.01 - $250 $250
$250.01 - $350 $350
$350.01 - $500 $500

If you are a new SP account holder with no bill yet (e.g. new home owners), your deposit amount will be based on the dwelling type.

Dwelling Type Deposit Amount
1 / 2-Room Flat (HDB)  $40
3-Room Flat (HDB)  $70
4-Room Flat (HDB)  $90
5-Room / Executive Flat (HDB)  $110
Condominium  $130
Terrace House $200
Semi-Detached House  $250
Bungalow  $500

I did not register my interest, can I still sign up for the Green Energy Plans?

Yes you can still sign up for our Green Energy plans, if you reside in Jurong with postal codes beginning with 60, 61, 62, 63 and 64, simply visit participating StarHub shops with the necessary documents 

All other residents will be able to switch when the Open Electricity Market fully launches in the second half of 2018* Simply register your interest with us and we’ll notify you in advance when on the next steps to sign up.

*Based on EMA Open Electricity Market launch information. 

Check our extended FAQs here!

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

About Howard Toh

10 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: Green Energy Registration of Interest FAQs

Hi
would like to find out more about the plan.

why the green life plan no discount but the green save plan has 20% discount?
green life plan 100% clean energy but green save plan only 5%?

so green save plan is cheaper than green life plan?
Community Manager

Hi Vincent

Thanks for waiting. 

At present, the cost of the system generating solar energy still requires significant investment. However, to encourage adopters for clean energy, we currently offer 100% clean energy in our Green Life energy plan at the SP regulated tariff.

For the cost-conscious consumer, we also have a Green Save plan which gives a 20% discount off the SP regulated tariff and yet at the same time includes a 5% clean energy component to help them go green.

- Amy
Valued Commentator

Hi!

What if I have just applied for an account in SP, and have not even received my first electricity bill, and therefore have not made the $500 deposit---do i have to make the deposit to SP anyway (to apply to my upcoming first bill)? But my first electricity bill will definitely be less than 500. Will I get back from SP my deposit if my reason to close my account with them is to transfer to Sunseap?

Thank you

Community Manager

Hi @ jenicacruz

You can provide your Confirmation Letter (for new SP account holders with no previous SP Bills) to register for Sunseap. You'll still need to pay the SP deposit though, as the deposit also applies for your other utility services like gas, water and refuse services. 

The deposit collected by Sunseap is solely for electricity services alone. 

- Amy
Valued Commentator

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your reply. How about the deposit to Sunseap-how much will this be? And will this be refundable ever, or it's a one-time fee that is given permanently to Sunseap?

Thanks and regards,

Jenica

Community Manager

Hi Jenica

If you're a new SP account holder, your deposit will be determined by your dwelling. Check our extended FAQs here!

Deposits paid will be refundable after the termination of services (provided there's no other balances payable). 

- Amy
New Commentator

Hi

I had registered my interest but i had never received any call from StarHub what should I do?

Keppel Electric had a roadshow at Jurong Point last weekeend, they had made things so easy. May I know when is starhub's roadshow?

Thanks.

Community Manager

Hi @ y1x1n

You'll be contacted by 1 Apr 2018 with more details on how to proceed with switching over. Do stay tuned. Smiley Happy 

- Amy
New Commentator

My current SP bill is e-bill, must I print it out when register for the green energy plan? 

Thanks.