StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your StarHub Online Store buying experience here!

Alumni (Retired)

Share your StarHub Online Store buying experience here!

Dear Community Members, 

Feel free to share and discuss your Online Store buying experience here!

New to Online Store? Check out the buying video guide below.

Happy shopping and we are looking forward to your contribution to this thread Smiley Happy

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

18 REPLIES 18
Grand Guru

Re: Share your StarHub Online Store buying experience here!

Regarding to Online purchase.

For many years, i did make my purchase (both recontract & new sign up) i do not have any problem.

As long as you follow the procedure, there should not be any problem.

In order to purchase online without any issue, one have to wait for the next webpage &or step, patiently.

Most errors are due to people unable to wait, and keep clicking.

This Online webpage tend to be slow.

Hence just do one click and wait for the next prompt &or instruction.

Should there is error, all you need is to go back and start over again.

Before redo, you need to clear the online basket.

The other issue is there is a time limit for the whole process.

That is why if there need to take note on the steps.

This will be a guide should there is a problem &or error; when need to redo.

----

Grand Guru

Regard to Online purchase

After you complete your purchase.

Do note that you will receive a SMS on the day Before the delivery day.

This is important, so that this is a confirmation of the delivery.

If not, there is need to call the Sales hotline 1630 CS to double check on the delivery date.

Then on the delivery day, the delivery staff will send you a SMS before he come.

If by the end of the delivery time zone there is no delivery staff come, then have to call 1630 CS, Sales hotline.

Upon the delivery staff on handling your purchase item, do remember;

1.  Open the item and check the physically and switch on the handset to check for any problem.

2.  Only when you are satisfied, then put your signature on the delivery note.

3.  If there is problem &or you are not satisfied with the condition, return to the delivery staff.

That is why once you put your signature, any problem will have to go to the Manufacture Service Center.

4.  For new sign up &or recontract which include the SIM card, the delivery staff you activate the SIM card for you.

If by more than an hour your handset not activated, then need to call the Customer Service HOTline 1633 staff to activate your SIM card. Do take note on the 18 (or more/less) digits stated on the SIM card, as the CS staff require this to confirm on their System.

Do note for Sales (before receiving your handset) the hotline is 1630.

For SIM card and related matter, including after receiving your item, the Customer Service hotline is 1633.

Enjoy your mobile phone.

Android™ Expert

I have been using the online store ever since its release. Perks of the online store includes but not limited to:

1) No QUEUE!
2) Large inventory of stock. (phone models highly sought after are usually OOS)
3) No 'no stock' disappointment (brings you back to point 2)
4) Exclusive online purchase discount
5) Pricing listed clearly
6) No worry about not bring documents (just scan at the convenience of your home)

guess the only downside is that you can't feel the phone before your commit your money, otherwise you can always checkout the phones at stores at purchase at home.

Things that maybe improved.
1) Provide option for COD
2) Necessary documents that needs to be uploaded to be uploaded on the web purchase portal instead of email.

I like making online purchase but sometimes the model run out so fast that we are in a bind especially we want to know when can they restock, esp recently iphone having $200 off, there is no news on when it will be available and such promotion although is already sold "out" , there should be some news like " stock will be replenish soon, kindly try again in 6 hours", this sort of message will give the buyers some idea how long he need to wait. instead the buyer need to keep going in to check and sometimes there is no news, it gets so frustrated that this potential buyer will go to other telco.

I am sure alot of buyers when they want to buy new phones or cheap one will face this issue. a good idea will be please include the stock quantity available on this type " promotion" so that they can decide whether to wait or not. So the "news" is seriously missing here. hope my point will get sh to improve on it. thank you

New Commentator

Hi,

I have recently bought Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge online and gotten the delivery on 23 Apr 2016. My Sales order number is 2600408339. I am happy with the experiences and delivery service. However, I discovered from Samsung retail shop that they also have Samsung Concierge service promotion at $38 for a year which must be purchase upon purchasing the handset. When I purchase my phone in Starhub online I did not have the option to purchase it.

I would certainly appreciate starhub for the advice as to how I can purchase theSamsung Concierge service promotion at $38. Or else this experience becomes a disadvantage for customer who will purchase online from Starhub since we will be left out of such promotion.

Alumni (Retired)

Thank you all for your feedback.

Our team are reading them and looking into ways how to further improve the Online Store buying experience. 

Keep your feedback coming Smiley Happy 

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Valued Advisor

I tried to do On-line Re-contract of my CIS plan but there was no option.

Starhub should look into this as well other than going to the counter.

Thank you,

Grand Guru

Hi  @Roel

The link to CIS plan for Online recontract;

http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/online-store/cis.html

Trusted Commentator

Edited for vulgarities.