StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homehub -- Signup -- New Marital Home, moving in only end of 2015.

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Homehub -- Signup -- New Marital Home, moving in only end of 2015.

Hi,

Kindly advise pertaining to my situation :

1) Currently both my husband and myself have our own Starhub Account at our own parents' place. Do we have to change one of our names in the account to apply new account at our marital home?

2) We would like to sign up Homehub plan for our new place - to utilise the free Opennet Fibre Termination Point Installation.

As our contractor may need to know where we are placing the OTP and then they can link up Cat6 ethernet point to my proposed study/entertainment room.

However we are only moving in end of this year or so.

Renovation starting next week .... to be completed by June 15th, or max by July.

(We are not looking at sign up then suspend account for the time being)

Kindly advise as above.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Homehub -- Signup -- New Marital Home, moving in only end of 2015.

Hi Faustine

1) Either of you or your husband can apply another service at a new service address or to transfer the current service at your parent(s) premises to the new address.

2) Regarding Fibre Termination Point installation, cabling is free for first 15 metres, subsequent chargeable at $33 per 5 metres block
Esteemed Commentator

Thanks for your reply, SimonN.

1) We are unable to do that for now, as both of our parents' place require the connection till Nov / Dec 15 when I shift out of my parents' place then will change the Account's name back to any one of them.

Unless one person/ name can hold 2 addresses with 2 different account numbers?

2) My question here is whether ONT / FTP installation by Open Net can be done first.

All signed up SH services can be activated later in Nov / Dec 15, rather than activated right after the ONT is installed?

Since we are only moving in at the end of the year.

Thank you.

Interested in the Homehub 200 for now.

Community Manager

Hi Faustine

1. It is possible to subscribe to additional broadband or StarHub TV service at a different address, under the same name. Yes, you can request for separate account number.

2. Generally, the installation of free Termination Point is scheduled just before installation of StarHub TV / Fibre broadband, after signing up with us.

Contact our sales hotline at 1630 to find out more Smiley Happy