cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xbox live connection

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Re: xbox live connection

Hi JohnLCC. In fact, at 2pm, I received an sms from starhub asking for a return reply via sms if anyone has problems with their broadband/DV/Mobile services. Only now are they looking at an issue which happened aeons ago in today's digital age. I replied "NOW" and followed with a I-really-do-not-care type sms since I am all set to leave Starhub once my contracts expire. BTW, my son Benji2016 still cannot get on xboxlive. And because Starhub initially blamed this fiesco on xbox (In fact, the so-called customer care staff I spoke to claimed they received no such complaints when it had already been reported here!), Xbox support suggested that he deleted his profile. So, now that he cannot get on xboxlive, he cannot reinstall his profile. Sheesh!

Respected Contributor

@mei, had the same problem since Monday night. Did some troubleshooting with Xbox Support. Deleted all my profiles. Have to go to Friends house using SingTel the following day to test and redownload my profile. Since then been playing offline while waiting for problem to get resolved. Last 2 nights Starhub Support called to give me update, that they have no solution yet. Smiley Sad
Senior Advisor

Interesting that ONT direct to Xbox is able to work. Anybody else tried this remedy?

LemonT
Esteemed Contributor

Hey Lemont. Someone else (Seanlim) posted here that direct connection to the Optical Network Terminal works. Having said that, I haven't tried that myself cos it involves quite a bit of shifting around due to the way my modem and router are placed at home. Furthermore, it would disconnect internet access for the rest of my household. I doubt it is a problem with our individual routers cos I can see we have a variety of different branded routers in this thread. But well noted that direct connection to the ONT works. As for me, hotspot connection via my starhub and singtel cellular data works so I know it is not a problem with my xbox live account nor my xbox360 console. Very certain problem is with starhub fibre broadband as most of us here have concluded. Problem started around 12th or 13th of May. I hope others with the same issue as us would come in here and post so that starhub would know that this problem is affecting more people than they think. I'm sure there are affected users who are just reading but not posting
New Commentator

Same for me..its been a week
Esteemed Contributor

Yes. That's it. Another affected xbox live user. StarHub should look at this issue more urgently
Respected Contributor

Hey Starhub, it's almost a week and still no clear indication that issue will be resolved. How long more we need to wait? I can't wait until my contracts end in December. If you can't provide solution, give us other options like allowing us to terminate our contract on maxinfinity without penalty. :'(
Honored Commentator

I gave up my world cup dream for this sXxx??? The service is no better than the red color....better think twice now for my 2 mobile lines conversion. At least some response that you guys r working on it will b helpful...
Esteemed Contributor

@KaiBoon A bit of update from you on the progress so far would really help. The silence from StarHub for the whole of today is adding to our frustrations. We don't even know whether your engineers are working towards a solution, or have we been ignored.
Honored Contributor

Guys i just tried and seems issue is fixed now, please have it checked.