cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to stream video after switching from cable to fiber

Trusted Commentator

unable to stream video after switching from cable to fiber

Hi,

I do like to check does any one had the same problem as me, i used to watch video stream like video from yahoo movie trailer etc when i'm using cable but after switch from cable to fiber i can't load hte video any more. i had check with my friend and he was still able to load and view the video. the video player will be loaded ok but the video will nto be able to loaded.

23 REPLIES 23
Windows™ Phone Expert

Re: unable to stream video after switching from cable to fiber

What videos are you trying to load? This could be an issue on your computer side.

Try using a different browser or updating your Flash Player.
-----
Windows Phone / 8 Developer | Technical Evangelist | Content Writer at Spiffy.sg | @ReignOfComputer
Trusted Commentator

hi thanks for the suggestion but i don't think it the browser the cause of the problem as i try using my mobile phone which is on singlet to tether and it was OK to stream so I can confirm that there is some filtering or some setting different from starhub fiber connection, and i had also test by asking my friend who is still on cable to test out afew site and the same problem of cna't load hte video is tehre .

and must of the video is from china and taiwan news site.

Valued Advocate

Hi,

I can watch streaming from funshion and PPS on my fiber. no problem at all.Smiley Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above contain my personal opinions.
Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

i'm trying to watch from dramacrazy which most of it is from speedyjoe and i cna't load the video at all

i also had try funsion before but the loading is very slow, no idea why. when i was on cable where i can watch from dramacrazy the loading speed for dramacrazy is faster than funsion.

and now on fiber speedyjoe doesn't load and teh loading from funsion is slower than before when i'm on cable

Everyone's Tags (1)
Valued Advisor

Hi dramafan

Understand that it is working for you while tethering with ST connection but nonetheless you might still want to try on the below suggestion that I wish to propose to you.

Do following accordingly and see which method work

1. Try clearing cache & cookies at your current browser
2. Try on another different internet browser
3. Test on a different devices to see whether does issue persist (Skip if not possible)
4. If you are using on wireless, try it through direct wired connection (Skip if not possible)

If all above fail do feedback

1. Is it done via wired or wireless connection?
2. What browser was being used and tested so far?
3. Does it happen to all video that it won't load at all through the website for dramacrazy?
4. Does it happen to only the streaming source from (Speedy Joe) or all streaming link?
5. Please provide one example of the exact video link that you facing issues.

Respected Commentator

I have the same problem, but with a different website. Strangely enough the streaming video only does not work on an iPad through fibre broadband, so probably it is html5 related. The same site also has an app that does not work anymore. If I switch my iPad to 3G no problem. Using windows computer no problem. I can't understand why fibre broadband causes this. Any suggestions are welcome.
Valued Advisor

Hi Jozef,

Can I confirm whether are you only facing the similar issues on the different streaming website via your iPad only or issues even persist when using your computer with fibre connection through your web browser?
Respected Commentator

Hi Lawrence,
It is only on iPad. I tried on my wife's iPad and the same happens: I get a "crossed out" play button. With my windows computer no problem. Same problem also when I tested it using iPhone.
Valued Advisor

Hi Jozef,

If you are using Safari, try doing this

Setting > Safari > Clear Cookies & Date

After which re-open your Safari and try again.

Aside to that,

Able to provide the website link you facing that problem and if you are not using Safari, do tell me what browser you using on your iPad & iPhone Smiley Happy